Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What are you doing this weekend?

Go down 
+4
WomansGarden
maggiemay
Admin
pinkbutterfly
8 posters
AuthorMessage
pinkbutterfly
Mafioso
Mafioso
pinkbutterfly

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-03-09

What are you doing this weekend? Empty
PostSubject: What are you doing this weekend?   What are you doing this weekend? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 4:45 pm

I will be cleaning, working, and sleeping! lol!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing this weekend?   What are you doing this weekend? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 5:02 pm

I have a head cold, dirty house, and relatives in town.. sigh
Back to top Go down
http://www.workathomemafia.com
maggiemay
Hitman
Hitman
maggiemay

Number of posts : 57

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing this weekend?   What are you doing this weekend? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 8:33 pm

I am cleaning house and washing clothes...WOW what fun...Could not get the cleaning fairies to do it... :P
Back to top Go down
WomansGarden
Family
Family

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing this weekend?   What are you doing this weekend? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 9:13 pm

I've got my big grand opening going on now. I need to figure out what to make for dinner later and then maybe go play video games or work more on my site, I'm not sure on that. I'm thinking a Subway sandwich sounds good at the moment! Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.womansgarden.com
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing this weekend?   What are you doing this weekend? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 11:03 pm

Well, I went to the grocery store earlier. Now I'm taking care of 2 sick kids and later I'm going out to do some work in my garden.

My house is a wreck and I need to do laundry but I will be working instead :rabbit:
And of course being lazy.
Back to top Go down
WomansGarden
Family
Family

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing this weekend?   What are you doing this weekend? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 12, 2008 11:51 pm

You are a gardener? Awesome! What type of garden do you have?
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing this weekend?   What are you doing this weekend? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 12:27 am

WomansGarden wrote:
You are a gardener? Awesome! What type of garden do you have?

Novice...lol

We bought our first house a little over a year ago and this will be the second summer we have been able to plant. I have a combination flower, herb and veggie thing going on. I also have a couple of blueberry bushes and some grapes.
Last year I was full blown preggo and had a spring baby and did not get to 'tend' to the garden much. We did have fun and I have some cool gourds (dried) to show for it. This year I'm a little more organized and hope things go a little better.
Do you garden...any pointers...lol
I just picked up some rubarb today...I found out last year that it's a perennial which is a plus.
Back to top Go down
WomansGarden
Family
Family

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing this weekend?   What are you doing this weekend? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 2:11 am

I am still learning about gardening myself. There's a couple girls on my site that are talking about some nice flowers, etc, but each time I look up new things, they either are poisonous if ingested (too many children live on my street), they can't live in the Texas heat, or they attract bees (no way!).

I would like something that attracts butterflies but not bees, so I am researching it further. I have a few bare areas I need to cover this spring and it's getting a bit late.
Back to top Go down
pinkbutterfly
Mafioso
Mafioso
pinkbutterfly

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing this weekend?   What are you doing this weekend? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 4:17 am

Your site looks really good WomansGarden! Very nice!!! flower
Back to top Go down
grtwht
Admin
Admin
grtwht

Number of posts : 68

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing this weekend?   What are you doing this weekend? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 6:55 am

Awesome site btw Women's Garden. Congrats on your big launch. We have fits on our garden here in Florida. Big adjustment for Kim to find flowers that don't die from the heat or end up ruined during the 3 hurricanes that went through. I know I saw our Mexican Heather survived.
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing this weekend?   What are you doing this weekend? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 11:48 am

WomansGarden wrote:
I am still learning about gardening myself. There's a couple girls on my site that are talking about some nice flowers, etc, but each time I look up new things, they either are poisonous if ingested (too many children live on my street), they can't live in the Texas heat, or they attract bees (no way!).

I would like something that attracts butterflies but not bees, so I am researching it further. I have a few bare areas I need to cover this spring and it's getting a bit late.

Unfortunatly, if it attracts butterflies it probably attracts bees too. We try to be as natural as possible in the garden and actually welcome bees and wasp. I know, I know, I'm crazy. But we had no problem with the wasp last year and they had plenty of little bugs to munch on and actually helped keep 'pests' at bay.
We are just aware of them and we don't bother them and they don't bother us. My 3yr old dd knows to leave them be. We had no problem with them being in the yard (where the kids play) they had plenty to keep them busy in the garden :)
I understand your situation, other kids in the neighborhood ...you really don't have any control over them or are unable to supervise.
I'll keep my eyes peeled and let you know if I see anything.
Good luck :)
Back to top Go down
emartin74
Family
Family

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing this weekend?   What are you doing this weekend? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 13, 2008 6:30 pm

any plants that *don't* attract bees? I'm allergic to them. We have a few azaleas - I let Kevin tend to them since he has a green thumb Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PA Supermom
Family
Family

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing this weekend?   What are you doing this weekend? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 1:25 am

Well this weekend I plan on doing my spring cleaning at long last. the house is beginning to look like it should be featured on Clean House.
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing this weekend?   What are you doing this weekend? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 16, 2008 6:48 am

I should be doing spring cleaning! Heck, I should just be cleaning period...lol
I'm really good at procrastinating.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What are you doing this weekend?   What are you doing this weekend? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What are you doing this weekend?
Page 1 of 1