Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mybrats662003
Family
Family
mybrats662003

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-11

NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE Empty
PostSubject: NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE   NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 5:00 pm

Please I need input on how to create a database or something on the same basis for the job I am currently working. I am working for Parameds, so if any of you work for them I would love your input. I need to create something so that I can keep track of all the completed cases, ones that I have gotten paid for, and then of course I need to break down my pending cases. Their website uses a Excel or similar program. I need something that is quick to do and I have been out of the classroom for some time.
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE   NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 8:45 pm

I would think a basic spreadsheet would be easiest to keep all info. straight....jmo

Or you could resort to writing all down in a note book...but depending on how long you work there you could end up w/ one heck of a notebook!!

If you don't know much about Excel...you can still use it.

I know when I first started creating spreadsheets it would take time but I always worked throught it. and if you get stuck there's always google.....ya know you just google your question if you don't have anyone to ask :)

Good luck and sorry I wasn't much help.

I hope parameds is going well :alien:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE   NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2008 10:31 pm

So you need a tracking of just completed or completed and pending? Thinking of some ideas in excel
Back to top Go down
http://www.workathomemafia.com
mybrats662003
Family
Family
mybrats662003

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE   NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 1:01 am

I thought of excel also. I am really needing to keep track of completed jobs to make sure that when I get paid I am getting paid for all of my cases (we all know that people do make mistakes). I created a spreadsheet to use at my day job so I am pretty familar with excel.

I am currently using a notebook for jotting down quick notes and then go back update my records, but thank you for that suggestion.
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE   NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE Icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2008 1:17 am

http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT101436151033.aspx

what about modifying a tracker from microsoft's templates?
Back to top Go down
WomansGarden
Family
Family

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE   NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE Icon_minitimeThu May 01, 2008 1:47 pm

That's a good idea. MS templates are usually very good and add things in you wouldn't have thought of otherwise.
Back to top Go down
http://www.womansgarden.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE   NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

NEED HELP CREATING SOME FORM OF DATABASE
Page 1 of 1