Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC

Go down 
+6
momov3
mommyoftwoboys
Serenity316
Michelle
Hickory5
Admin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC Empty
PostSubject: Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC   Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 7:08 pm

Submit your best /worst /funniest mother's day story here on the mafia. After judging, the winner will win a $50 Restaurant.com Gift Certificate. Start telling us those memorable stories.
Back to top Go down
http://www.workathomemafia.com
Hickory5
Family
Family

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Mother's Day story   Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:55 pm

Mother's Day my senior year in high school. My mom wanted me to attend yet another mother/daughter brunch. I was no longer interested in such things, and "too cool" to attend. I flat out said no. I didn't realize it at the time, but that was to be my last mother's day at home since I was leaving several states away for college in the Fall. When my mom mentioned that...in tears...the guilt hit me pretty hard, but it was too late.

So, the following year, I arranged with my uncle to meet me at the Amtrak station. I had a friend drive me an hour to the nearest station...rode the train for many hours...met my uncle and drove another 2 1/2 hours home for mother's day. My mom had no idea and when she walked in the door after work the look on her face was priceless. So, our "real" last mother's day together turned out pretty good and I learned a big lesson as well.
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Hitman
Hitman
Michelle

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC   Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 11:45 am

Three years ago I had given up all hope of being a mother. My husband and I had ended 2 years of invitro attempts and adoption was not an option after the expense of all of the medical costs. I had not been feeling well and thought I had the flu. I was tired, I ached and just was so sick to my stomach. We thought that I had picked up some sort of bug while on vacation. I went to my doctor on the Saturday before Mother's Day and he was running tests. I had not answered my phone the rest of that day. The next day, Mother's Day, I was checking messages and heard my doctor say on the message that I needed to come in and he wanted to let me know that I was going to be celebrating Mother's Day at last. I nearly fainted. Years of tests, and everything and nature took it's course. Amber is the light of our lives.
Back to top Go down
Serenity316
Family
Family
Serenity316

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC   Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 12:43 pm

My very first Mother's Day, I had visions of spending some quality time with my husband and our 8 month old son such as putting him in the back-pack holder and going for a walk without his cell phone and pager. Then, off to a quiet dinner for two while one of my sister's watched their adorable nephew.

Well.......it was far from that. We ended up going over to my sister and brother-in-law's home which was ok since we got along very well. However, this first Mother's Day was spent watching my husband and brother-in-law knock down their existing (old) NE cape to get ready to build an entire new 2 story home in time for the arrival of their second child due 5 months later!

It turned out just wonderful and my sister and I had some quality time with the kids and BBQ'd a great meal for us and the guys. (BTW - the house was never finished on the inside until they put it up for sale 15 years later!!! Then, it was a mad rush of full-time work for a couple weeks.)
Back to top Go down
mommyoftwoboys
Family
Family

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-05-10

PostSubject: Re: Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC   Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC Icon_minitimeSat May 10, 2008 2:52 pm

I was supposed to go get a prenatal massage today for mothers day, my husband booked it yesterday afternoon and told me last night when he got home from work.
However, we don't have the money for it. So I've cancelled it. That would be my worst mothers day story.
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: I ruined mothers day for my family!   Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 9:14 am

So it was midnight, Mother's Day and I was still working my overnight WAH shift. I got off at 5am and was exhausted beyond words. It had been an exhausting and busy week. It was 8 days of working 9-4/5am and no sleep during the days ( I have 3 girls all under the age of 6, one of which is a newborn). I was pooped! So, I sat on the couch downstairs and fell asleep.

I was awakened by my husband at 10:30 who had a surprise for me. He leads me upstairs and into the bathroom where he had the highest pile of bubbles in the bath and the jacuzzi running (well not a real jacuzzi..those bubbling mats that you get from Linens & Things...it makes your bath like a jacuzzi). The roomhad with candles lit all around and my favorite bubble bath scent filled the air. He said, "Happy Mother's Day, today's your day, get in and relax."

My soooo tired self whined, "No...I am so tired I want to get in my bed." He says, "Well you can take nap while soaking." I looked at him and said, "I am so tired, I will drown!" I walked to my bed smiled at it, because it looked so warm and inviting and jumped in under my covers....I was at peace.

I woke up at 2:00, it was unusually quiet for my house, (did I mention I have 3 young ones). I overheard my husband saying, "shh mommy's sleeping". I smiled and went to the bathroom to see my now deflated bubbles in the tub and my heart immediately sank. I went downstairs, I thanked my husband and apologized. He was trying so hard...but I was so tired!!!!

I saw my daughters and they immeditaley ran into the kitchen, they came out with a plate in their hands, gave me the plate with the biggest smiles on their face and said, "Happy Mother's Day Mommy!" I looked at the plate of funny looking lumpy cold pancakes and said , "Thank you babies." My middle girl said, "Here's your syrup", I thought, they really want me to eat this. I looked at them and they just stared at me and I knew at that point that I had to eat the cold funny tasting pancakes. I did it all the while smiling.

My family tried so hard to make my mother's day wonderful and I ruined it!

LOL I will never forget this mother's day... In retrospect, it might have been the best one yet!
Back to top Go down
angeltimes3
Family
Family
angeltimes3

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC   Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 12:48 pm

Mother's Day i was in the hospital in preterm labor with triplets. Minnesota and Mother's Day weekend means opening of fishing season here. So there I sat in the hospital, sad cause i had let my hubby and oldest go fishing for the weekend and I was all alone when the phone rang...call after call was my mom, my dad, my husband's grandmother, his aunts, and assorted cousins all calling to tell me happy Mother's Day. It made a sad day of waiting for my babies to finish "cooking" so much better. My Mom even told me I had to color in a coloring book with crayons that she had sent that week to cheer me up, she made me color for half an hour while she talked to me and told me how wonderful I was and how lucky my babies were long distance from Florida. Then hubby called to say it was a miserable fishing trip as all he could think about was babies and me.......turned into one of my best memories...and all the day those babies kicked me black and blue!!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC   Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 12:49 pm

I forgot to close this thread and announce the winner..... drum roll please.... after careful consideration and a drawing.. Michelle was our contest winner.
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC   Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 3:05 pm

Congrats!!! Michelle!!!
flower
Back to top Go down
$MoMMy$MoNey$
$MoMMy$MoNey$

Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC   Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 11:58 pm

Congratulations Michelle! Cute story! :heart:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC   Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mother's Day Story Contest - $50 Restaurant.com GC
Page 1 of 1