Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Search for violent felons in your neighborhood

Go down 
+7
PokerQueen
momov3
Pink2KPrincessCut
Mafia Princess
Admin
flobbypooh
lilbirdblue
11 posters
AuthorMessage
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Empty
PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 2:18 am

This is another great site ..... to search for sex offenders in your neighborhood

http://www12.familywatchdog.us/
Back to top Go down
flobbypooh
Family
Family
flobbypooh

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 11:34 pm

Family watchdog is a legit site. However, the other site felonspy.com is a joke. Run your address through a few times, and the locations and names of criminals change. I live in a rural area, and apparently have 2 of them living on a street where there are no homes, just cow pastures. At one point, there was one living next to me. I ran the search again, and one popped up about 1/2 a mile away with a different name. I just started writing the names down and researching, and the consistently changed. I would say it would be a fun site to use as a prank though, lol!

Here is the link to the snopes article on it:
http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/hoaxes/felonspy.asp
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 157
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 12:19 am

Thanks. Was a site sent to me and I just ran one search and saw someone I knew. great detective work on it!
Back to top Go down
http://www.workathomemafia.com
flobbypooh
Family
Family
flobbypooh

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 1:46 am

It also allows you to enter names of people on it, so no telling how many of us are listed as violent criminals, lol!
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeSun May 04, 2008 3:50 am

I just found out that I have sex offenders all around me.. great
Back to top Go down
Pink2KPrincessCut

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2008 5:47 pm

Wow, this is scary. I'm surprised at how many sex offenders live in my area. Thanks for the information.
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 8:59 pm

Mafia Princess wrote:
I just found out that I have sex offenders all around me.. great

Oh no! sex offender all around you! Do you have children?
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:03 pm

No just me alone on this street. only me and one neighbor are the only ones around during the day. kinda creepy. I had a break in last year in broad daylight while I was working. They caught him and he's in jail now for a few other break ins.
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2008 9:23 pm

I just checked myself and there a few creeps out hereabout a few blocks doen the road... and they look crazy.

Thank God I live in a good neighborhood with nosy neighbors. We are very protective of one another and there are quite a few people at home in the daytime, mostly retirees. So, I feel pretty safe. Plus everyone but us has dogs at home and trust me when strangers come by even to my porch, they start barking...lol
Back to top Go down
PokerQueen
Family
Family
PokerQueen

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 3:38 am

Wow! I just found alot of sex offeners around me too.Just not in my complex. That is soo scary,especially when u have kids.:(
Back to top Go down
PokerQueen
Family
Family
PokerQueen

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 3:40 am

But this is a good site to go to if you are tryinh or plan on buying a home. Which i will be doing soon.So it will help me know.
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 11:59 am

I didn't go to look further into this but where does this site get its information on felony convictions? Is it accurate? Is it up to date? Are certain states even allowed to report this kind of record information?

Bear in mind that offenders often move, report inaccurate addresses, have convictions overturned on appeal, are misclassified (this is an issue for sex offenders in particular), etc.

My neighborhood for example fails to show the presence of a convicted rapist and in my town a convicted felony child batterer (I have reviewed the court arrest/trial records of these two current residents so I am certain the convictions occurred.) These are only 2 examples in one town.

I only bring this up to point out these kinds of services, while well-meaning are often wildly inaccurate/out of date/flat out wrong.

Just my .02 :)
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:09 pm

Most states have a searchable offender database. We used it when I was an office manager for a construction firm. Guys would lie on their applications about no convictions and then we would find theft, burglary, etc. Yeah, that's who we wanted to hire to send to your house for repairs. Not.
Back to top Go down
dazzzlingdani
dazzzlingdani

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:28 pm

My town is saturated with sex offenders, it's horrible. I will not allow my son to walk half a block from the bus because of it.
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:34 pm

Mafia Princess wrote:
Most states have a searchable offender database. We used it when I was an office manager for a construction firm. Guys would lie on their applications about no convictions and then we would find theft, burglary, etc. Yeah, that's who we wanted to hire to send to your house for repairs. Not.

Of course Massachusetts is not one of "most" states. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Godslittlegirl
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 158

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 6:03 am

I don't defend Sex Offenders ......however....think about this.

The title Sex Offender is thrown around so loosely with such harsh consequences. Let me explain.....there are many people who have to register as sex offenders every year...but the circumstances are soooooo different. I think this should be indicated so people are clear on what the person has done.

Example: My son was 17 years old..his girlfriend was 16.....
When My son turned 18 years old...and she hadn't yet turned 17 or 18....he would then be labled a Sex Offender. If caught he would actually be caught or arrested.

She turned 17 and my son turned 19 before she became 18.....
Wooo Hoooo.....he's really a Sex Offender now....

Not to mention they have been boyfriend and girlfriend all through High School. This is what I'm talking about. He would have to register..and then someone would say....man...we have a Sex Offender living in our neighborhood.

I just think it should be specifically clear on a case by case basis.

Just my two cents. (As a very scared parent).
Back to top Go down
tdsj
Family
Family

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 10:04 am

I like these sex offender websites, however, I just think you can NEVER be too careful about letting your child go somewhere alone. There is a first time for everything. DON'T LET YOUR CHILD BE SOME SICKOS FIRST VICTIM!! Also, I heard a story of someones granddaughter (16) being angry with her grandfather for being too strict (he raised her) so she went to police and told them he molested her. She ultimately said she was lying, but they are telling him he still has to register because he was accused. This man has about 10 grandchildren and will not be aloud at the school functions, little league, etc. The sites I have been on do say pretty much what the offense was and if the child was over or under 13.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Search for violent felons in your neighborhood   Search for violent felons in your neighborhood Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Search for violent felons in your neighborhood
Page 1 of 1