Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Homeschooling and Social Skills

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
grtwht
Admin
Admin
grtwht

Number of posts : 68
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Homeschooling and Social Skills Empty
PostSubject: Homeschooling and Social Skills   Homeschooling and Social Skills Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 3:14 am

How are parents addressing socialization and social skills while homeschooling?
Back to top Go down
Godslittlegirl
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling and Social Skills   Homeschooling and Social Skills Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 8:24 pm

There are a few things you can do. There are so many places that have homeschool programs....like

Golds Gym has a program for home school kids to come together, exercise and have fun

I know here in Atlanta we have programs even at the zoo offered for homeschoolers.....

You have to ask around. Homeschooling is becoming more and more popular, and along with it is a growing number of organizations offering opportunities for homeschoolers to come together. Just ask around...that's my advice.

you can try your local schools/after school program sites and place them in after school programs.

As for me...my son is doing the Free Online public school (www.k12.com)this year...which is part of the actual school system, so we will probably take advantage of the afterschool program offered by the school.
Back to top Go down
kbrown
Family
Family

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-06-29

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling and Social Skills   Homeschooling and Social Skills Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 5:15 pm

My son was enrolled in the www.k12.com program last year for Kindergarten. I liked it somewhat. There are outings that the kids can go to. So, they do get socialization. Part of the reason I am doing this program is to keep my son away from unruly children and bad behaviors. The k12 program is now in almost every state.
Back to top Go down
KelleyM
Family
Family

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling and Social Skills   Homeschooling and Social Skills Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:35 pm

Hi, I'm new to this site but I have been homeschooling my kids since 1999. There are thousands of ways to being the dreaded S into the education equation. I really hate that so many people (outside of and often anti-homeschooling) get caught up on this one issue because there is so much more to homeschooling that just socialization.

I take my kids out with me on a regular basis and they are exposed to all types of people in all type of situations, real life experiences, not school determined.

They can deal with all kinds of people regardless of age, race, or any other sometime limiting factors with ease and yes they deal perfectly fine with people who are their own age.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homeschooling and Social Skills   Homeschooling and Social Skills Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homeschooling and Social Skills
Page 1 of 1