Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your favorite job

Go down 
+12
Lena
RedHatter
nanie
Biblet
tamagin
Pink2KPrincessCut
Poppet
Hickory5
Ohiomom
Momto3
Mafia Princess
pinkbutterfly
16 posters
AuthorMessage
pinkbutterfly
Mafioso
Mafioso
pinkbutterfly

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 2:42 pm

Hey everyone...it is so noce to see all of the new members. We are so excited that the site is growing....I wanted to ask you all....what is your favorite job that you have ever done and why???
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:55 pm

My favorite job is the forum itself. I enjoy it and since I have my nonphone job I can putz around it on and off all day posting.
Back to top Go down
Momto3
Family
Family
Momto3

Number of posts : 14

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 9:56 pm

My favorite was On***** before it went in the toilet. I had a great supervisor and loved the money.
Back to top Go down
Ohiomom
Family
Family
Ohiomom

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 10:01 pm

I worked as a lifeguard one summer. It was awesome and I looked hot LOL
Back to top Go down
Hickory5
Family
Family

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 11:55 pm

My favorite job is the one I'm doing now...working from home as a Teaching and Learning Consultant.

Although, back in college I was an overnight janitor, and that was pretty fun because my best friend and I were assigned together and we goofed off a lot! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pinkbutterfly
Mafioso
Mafioso
pinkbutterfly

Number of posts : 251

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:32 am

I worked at a restaurant in Tx when I was 21 and we all had such a blast...we were like one big family....I really loved working there and the friends that I worked with...it was awesome.... cheers
Back to top Go down
Poppet
Family
Family

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:34 pm

I am an artist and do sell my work, but it is feast or famine it seems.....my other job is as an Empath/Intuitive and it is wonderful but can be very sad as well, when people choose not to move on from a situation/relationship/career that is clearly not good for them. But those that I can help....there is no other feeling in the world (other than selling my art and mothering, of course).

The part about my job that I don't like is administering our website as well as keeping track of radio guests (my husband does a radio show weekly "Psychic Wisdom with David James"). It is a lot of work, but I am trying to figure out shortcuts, I guess, to make things a bit easier. I cannot wait for the day that I can hire someone else to do the administration on a full time basis.

Hopefully that will be within the year!
Back to top Go down
http://psychic-wisdom.net
Pink2KPrincessCut

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:05 pm

My favorite job was not a work at home job. It was at a manage care organization. It wasn't the job in itself that made it great (because technically, I would get cursed out everyday from members who were unsatisfied with the plan), but my co-workers were great. I had an awesome team. We really looked out for each other there. A lot of companies I have worked for have stressed the importance of team-work, but I had never REALLY experienced that until I worked there. That was my second family.

I haven't found an outstanding wahj yet. The ones I've worked have simply been a means to pay the bills.
Back to top Go down
tamagin
Family
Family
tamagin

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-05-31

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:12 pm

My favorite was chirp at w*st until it left, I worked it 2 years and knew it like that back of my hand. A little bird tells me that it is coming back in the fall so I am hoping
Back to top Go down
Pink2KPrincessCut

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:25 pm

I have heard so many great things about c*irp. I never had the opportunity to work for them at w*st, though.
Back to top Go down
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:09 pm

When I was 16 I worked in an organic wheatgrass greenhouse.
Back to top Go down
nanie
Family
Family

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-02

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:11 pm

My favorite was ch*rp also I really hope it comes back and I get the line back, but with the way west does things who knows
Back to top Go down
RedHatter
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
RedHatter

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 2:27 pm

Working for The Gallup Organization was my all time favorite job. Gallup has a self manage enviroment, you go and come as you please as long as your work is done at the end of the week.

The pay is awesome, full benefits start at 25 hours per week and there are always projects to work on.

They screen employees very carefully to make sure they fit the Gallup style before hiring them, therefore everybody for the most part get along.

I had a TV and a fridge at my desk.
Back to top Go down
Lena
Family
Family

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-08

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Question   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:33 am

What is the gallop organization website address? I would like to apply there. Lena
Back to top Go down
RedHatter
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
RedHatter

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-06-01

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:41 am

Lena:

The only thing about Gallup is that they are only in a few cities, hopefully you city is one of them:

The Gallup Organization
http://www.gallup.com/
Back to top Go down
almom
Hitman
Hitman

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 6:28 am

My favorite was legal coding (for various companies) till that went downhill. Boy, there were times that every company I worked for needed my help and my plate was so full that I couldn't decide which to work for. Now, here I am searching for a job. If I don't find a work-at-home job soon, when it's about time for school to start back, I'm gonna have to start applying for jobs outside the home. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:54 pm

I think my favorite non WAH job was as a commissioned salesperson at a cosmetic/perfume counter at a high end department store. I made lots of money which helped to pay college tuition AND I got to dress up in dresses and heels on the weekends. :)

My least favorite job was working as a pump jockey at a gas station during that same era. lol. I only worked a few hours a week but the job decidedly DIDN'T involve dresses and heels. I quit as soon as the money from the department store started rolling in. Man did I ever HATE that job. lol!

My favorite WAH job is probably the one I have right now: Working for the teleconferencing company. I get to interact with everyone from secretaries to CEOs and my only "job" is to make--and keep--the clients happy. Since I love winning people over it's a very gratifying way to earn a living.

Who wouldn't want a job that at the end of the day simply involves making people smile? :)
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 10:26 pm

I was a waitress/bartender in a small "mom and pop" restaurant/bar for 10 years. The restaurant was located across the street from the local University. We were one big happy family and we had soooooo much fun!!! I loved it and think of those days often...when I was single and just hanging out....Not a care in the world...LOL.

We would work and then after work, the employees and patrons would hang out and play games (like backgammon, pass the pigs, etc) or we would have open mic night...We were close to a University...tons of music majors :)...and this particular establishment attracted the "artsy" type

AAAAAH...those were the days.....
Back to top Go down
writermomichele
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-27

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 4:14 am

My favorite job is working at home as a writer and editor, which is what I'm doing now!

I've not done much in the way of jobs, but I have liked them all ... I was a reporter and editor for many years at a newspaper office and have had short stints as a waitress in a chain pizza restaurant and a sandwich artist at a chain sandwich shop. The food service jobs were just during my transition from employed to self-employed but I do miss all the free food!
Back to top Go down
http://moneysavingwahm.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

Your favorite job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your favorite job   Your favorite job Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your favorite job
Page 1 of 1