Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Are there blogs that really get on your nerves?

Go down 
+4
thalia
CindySellsWatkins
Mafia Princess
WomansGarden
8 posters
AuthorMessage
WomansGarden
Family
Family

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-05

Are there blogs that really get on your nerves? Empty
PostSubject: Are there blogs that really get on your nerves?   Are there blogs that really get on your nerves? Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 12:48 am

I am getting to the point where I see people just advertising in their blogs... no actual feelings, or stories... just advertisement. Do these types of blogs get any traffic other than the first click? I'm curious as to why people don't choose to share more, rather than just sell a product.
Back to top Go down
http://www.womansgarden.com
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Are there blogs that really get on your nerves?   Are there blogs that really get on your nerves? Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 1:06 am

Honestly it's the blogs of emo kids. I just cringe when I read that everyone hates me, darkness, depression crap.
Back to top Go down
CindySellsWatkins
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
CindySellsWatkins

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Are there blogs that really get on your nerves?   Are there blogs that really get on your nerves? Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 2:04 am

My blog is about my business, I share recipes, health news, information, tips and a lot more. I don't see anything wrong with blogs that are business focussed.
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Are there blogs that really get on your nerves?   Are there blogs that really get on your nerves? Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 2:17 am

I think she means ones that are only business and don't talk about how it affects you as a person. I know yours talks about your personal experiences using your products and why.
Back to top Go down
thalia
Family
Family
thalia

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Are there blogs that really get on your nerves?   Are there blogs that really get on your nerves? Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 2:34 am

She is talking about only blogs that have content of the advertisement and nothing else. I have seen those and they are just spam plain and simply in blog form.
Back to top Go down
CindySellsWatkins
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
CindySellsWatkins

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Are there blogs that really get on your nerves?   Are there blogs that really get on your nerves? Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 2:42 am

Oh ok...me sorry! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
WomansGarden
Family
Family

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Are there blogs that really get on your nerves?   Are there blogs that really get on your nerves? Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 3:09 pm

You guys hit it. You are right. I have read your blog cindy, and I think it's great. You tell about the products, so if I went to a search engine and looked up one of those products, I might find your blog.

I'm thinking along the lines of just google ads... or some other affiliate content... nothing more. It's like you end up in a big google loop trying to get information, and you can't!
Back to top Go down
http://www.womansgarden.com
rodri59
Family
Family

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Are there blogs that really get on your nerves?   Are there blogs that really get on your nerves? Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 3:44 pm

I have come across these blogs as well and they are annoying. Sort of like spam, only it doesn't come to you, you make your way to it, which bugs me even more.

One other type of blog that annoys me are the all news ones. The blogger does nothing more then cut and paste various news articles to post. The blogger says nothing, there is no personality involved. If I wanted to read news I would tap into some of my news feeds - ugh.

Ok vent for the day - over.
Back to top Go down
http://wyldreams.vox.com/
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Are there blogs that really get on your nerves?   Are there blogs that really get on your nerves? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:02 pm

Mafia Princess wrote:
Honestly it's the blogs of emo kids. I just cringe when I read that everyone hates me, darkness, depression crap.

I just lost my My Chemical Romace album, wal-mart doesn't carry it and now my roomates have thrown my razorblades out in the garbage. Why does the world hate me?
Back to top Go down
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Are there blogs that really get on your nerves?   Are there blogs that really get on your nerves? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:04 pm

Ugh, god I can't even spell *romance. I am such a piece of darkness, depression crap.
Back to top Go down
Poppet
Family
Family

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Are there blogs that really get on your nerves?   Are there blogs that really get on your nerves? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:56 pm

LOL, Biblet!
Back to top Go down
http://psychic-wisdom.net
RozRocks
Family
Family

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Are there blogs that really get on your nerves?   Are there blogs that really get on your nerves? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 7:04 pm

Are the 'spam' blogs full of affiliate links? If so, it could be a sad case of the person trying to make money from his or her blog without using the skill or talent of writing an article about his or her experience with the advertisement/affiliate link.

This guy states there are four pillars to blogging for profit.
http://blogforfunandprofit.blogware.com/blog/_archives/2005/2/1/299656.html

Just giving the "blogs that really get on your nerves" the benefit they don't know what they are doing. This information is to help you keep yours from becoming a blog of this topic *grin*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are there blogs that really get on your nerves?   Are there blogs that really get on your nerves? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are there blogs that really get on your nerves?
Page 1 of 1