Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives

Go down 
+3
momov3
lovetolearn
Mafia Princess
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives Empty
PostSubject: Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives   Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 12:13 pm

I just was reading an email from an old friend in WV today who is having trouble finding wah jobs. Little advice to everyone. You may not be giving the right in impression with your email address on your applications if it is something sexual sounding, obscene or just plain odd LOL.
Back to top Go down
lovetolearn
Family
Family
lovetolearn

Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives   Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 1:51 pm

Very good tip!
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives   Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:39 am

so very true...I don't know what people are thinking about sometimes. I was working as an Ops Manager for a Christian Media company and a very clean cut lady came in for an interview and on her sesume her email address said sexualchcolate@..............com! I was like, c'mon is she serious?!!!!
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives   Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:41 am

the email in question was *******69foru@yahoo.com

I nearly wet my pants laughing if you would see this guy.. he's so meek and quiet too.
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives   Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:48 am

rofl!!!
Back to top Go down
Don Giovanni
Work At Home Boss
Work At Home Boss
Don Giovanni

Number of posts : 26

PostSubject: Re: Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives   Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 5:49 am

Yea, I know a guy who's e-mail addy is 69corvair@....com & people think there's something up with that & it's just the year & model of his car... :joker:
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives   Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:15 pm

One of my favs that I saw while doing hiring was runswithscissors@****.com
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives   Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:24 pm

Mafia Princess wrote:
One of my favs that I saw while doing hiring was runswithscissors@****.com

I have an email addy for mail I suspect might be spam.

IHateCr*p@*****.com

I used it without thinking when I was recruiting for a plumber on ServiceMagic.com

Needless to say I got more than a few comments when looking for a professional to fix my leaky toilet. lol!
Back to top Go down
writermomichele
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives   Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:19 pm

LOL though there really is no excuse for stupid email addresses when there are a million good free email providers. Mail.com even has endings with your profession. I'm going to get one that says my name @ journalist . com. Or you could just get one that says first and last name @ whatever . com. How much more professional does that sound? And it's free.
Back to top Go down
http://moneysavingwahm.blogspot.com
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives   Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:25 pm

Great idea! I like that and it is very memorable.
Back to top Go down
AimeeP
Mafioso
Mafioso
AimeeP

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives   Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 7:50 pm

cyndilouwhoo wrote:

I have an email addy for mail I suspect might be spam.

IHateCr*p@*****.com

I used it without thinking when I was recruiting for a plumber on ServiceMagic.com

Needless to say I got more than a few comments when looking for a professional to fix my leaky toilet. lol!

Very much LOL!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives   Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Think Carefully of the Impression Your Email Gives
Page 1 of 1