Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Check 21 Law - How Fast Checks Can Clear

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Check 21 Law - How Fast Checks Can Clear Empty
PostSubject: Check 21 Law - How Fast Checks Can Clear   Check 21 Law - How Fast Checks Can Clear Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 6:55 pm

The Check Clearing for the 21st Century Act, commonly called Check 21, allows for the immediate clearing of checks from your checking account.
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Check 21 Law - How Fast Checks Can Clear   Check 21 Law - How Fast Checks Can Clear Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 8:08 pm

To give folks an example, my bank is offering billpay that allows for 24 hour turnaround time. For example, if I have a bill due Jan 2nd I can pay it as late as Jan 1st.

Another example: I frequent a store that takes my check, runs it through a merchant services machine and the total is immediately debited from my checking account.

I like the immediacy of scheduling a bill pay. I don't like knowing my check is now just like cash at certain stores.
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Check 21 Law - How Fast Checks Can Clear   Check 21 Law - How Fast Checks Can Clear Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 8:09 pm

I know how many of our "family" here is struggling and may not realize that the days of postdating a check are gone. You can't write it with the hopes it won't clear for a few days.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Check 21 Law - How Fast Checks Can Clear   Check 21 Law - How Fast Checks Can Clear Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Check 21 Law - How Fast Checks Can Clear
Page 1 of 1