Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello from Illinois

Go down 
+9
CindySellsWatkins
clmclb5
Biblet
tam2005
wise_guy
catlady
lilbirdblue
LadyCubsFan
mkincaid
13 posters
AuthorMessage
mkincaid
Family
Family
mkincaid

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Hello from Illinois Empty
PostSubject: Hello from Illinois   Hello from Illinois Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:24 pm

Hi everybody. I wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I have to admit I have been lurking for about two weeks but that is because I just had our third child on June 3rd. So now I have a free moment while everyone is sleeping ( Very Happy ) to introduce myself. My name is Michelle, I am 34 and married for 10 years, I have 3 little ones, Conner age 9, Cailey age 2, and Camden who is 1 week and 2 days old. I live in a small town about 40 minutes south of the Chicago suburbs called Peotone, IL. Besides adoring my family I am an avid horse lover ( I have 2 of my own). But due to my unplanned c-section I won't be able to do any riding for about 2 months (ugh). I volunteer online as a special events co-ordinator for a non-profit horse rescue organization called Another Chance For Horses. I enjoy cooking (when it is not very hot) I even enjoy making homemade horse treats. Pretty surprising what you can make with Quaker Oatmeal. I was intorduced to this site by a friend from the WAHM boards. I really like the this forum. Everyone seems so personable and down to earth. A little more information about me... I tried dabbling in gardening this year but after last weeks events it was destroyed. We had 3 tornados come close to town and the weather just destroyed the plants. (My father is a storm chaser for the past 37 years and I assist him in the weather/radar tracking from home). We are all safe and our town was spared but, a little further north was not so fortunate. Thank goodness there was no one seriously injured. But the day I came home from the hospital we spent a good portion in my neighbor's basement. So this comming week I will be planting again. Well that is about all the interesting information about me. I look forward to getting to know all of you and this forum much better. Drop me an im or email, I have a feeling I will be needing the adult conversations very soon, lol
Take care,
Michelle Kincaid
Back to top Go down
LadyCubsFan
Hitman
Hitman
LadyCubsFan

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Illinois   Hello from Illinois Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 1:31 pm

Nice to meet you Michelle-I was born and raised in IL about two hours west of Chicago and I never heard of your suburb. Most of my family lives in IL and two of my brothers live in the NW suburbs. Can you tell I am a bit homesick?

Congratulations on the birth of your new baby, what a joyful time for a household. My youngest is 17 so it has been so long since a baby in the house. Just waiting on grandchildren now but they seem to be in no hurry.

Glad you made it to this "Family" I think you will find it a great place to be :)
Back to top Go down
mkincaid
Family
Family
mkincaid

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Illinois   Hello from Illinois Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:11 pm

Thank you for the warm welcome and the congrats. We are a Cubs family as well, so far Camden has received an outfit for all stages. And dh has had him in two already. Two hours west would probably put you around Peoria or if further north, Aurora? I live in the town that they want to put the third airport in. It is a small farming community, between Matteson and Kankakee. If you are feeling a bit homesick we could probably find you a Chicago Dog somewhere (lol). There is one thing about Chicago and that is the food. Even while on vacation I look forward to getting back home just for that simple reason. LOL Laughing Thank you again for the warm welcome, take care!
Michelle
PS hubby wanted to name Camden, Fukodoku or whatever the guy's name is. lmbo I told him I don't think the family would agree to that so much, but my mom has already nick named him Cubby.
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Illinois   Hello from Illinois Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:26 pm

Hey there Michelle sounds like you got your hands full this summer!

I have 2 little ones an almost 4yr old gal and a 13month old boy.

I know what you mean when saying....the need for adult interaction...lol...I stay at home...work at home...never get out because of the gas prices....LOL

Welcome!!!
Back to top Go down
catlady
Family
Family
catlady

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Illinois   Hello from Illinois Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:42 pm

Hi and welcome to the board! :)
Back to top Go down
wise_guy
wise_guy

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Illinois   Hello from Illinois Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 3:41 pm

Michelle,

I am sending you a big WELCOME and I am glad you joined the board! cheers
Back to top Go down
tam2005
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
tam2005

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Illinois   Hello from Illinois Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 3:58 pm

HI Michelle,

Welcome aboard! You've joined a great group here. :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.onestopwebemployment.com
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Illinois   Hello from Illinois Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 4:49 pm

Congratulations, and welcome!
Back to top Go down
clmclb5
Hitman
Hitman
clmclb5

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Illinois   Hello from Illinois Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 4:56 pm

Hi Michelle!
Nice to meet ya!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CindySellsWatkins
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
CindySellsWatkins

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-04-06

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Illinois   Hello from Illinois Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:08 pm

Hi Michelle! Welcome aboard! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
jenja
Family
Family
jenja

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-12

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Illinois   Hello from Illinois Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:28 pm

Hi Michelle!

Welcome and Congrats! I am new here too!

I love the name Camden! That was one of my choices for our 8mth old, but we ended up with Braden!

Glad you guys have been spared from the storms! There have been so many lately! That is ccol that you Dad is a storm chaser! That sounds exciting- and a little scary!

Congrats again!
Back to top Go down
http://financialfreedom4you.com
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Illinois   Hello from Illinois Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:57 pm

Welcome to the family! You will love it here!
Back to top Go down
$MoMMy$MoNey$
$MoMMy$MoNey$

Number of posts : 460

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Illinois   Hello from Illinois Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:10 pm

Hi Michelle!

It is wonderful to meet you! Welcome to the Mafia family! You're gonna love it here! Congratulations on the birth of your new baby! That is so exciting! I know what you mean about the unplanned c-section, takes a "minute" to get back into the swing of things! It is very interesting to me that your dad is a storm chaser and that you have a role in the tracking and monitoring from home! My 8-year-old is a "little meteorologist" and storm chasers are way up there in his book of heros! lol Look forward to seeing you on here! :)
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Illinois   Hello from Illinois Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 10:15 pm

Congrats on the new baby and we are so glad you have decided to join us here at the mafia family. We cannot wait to help keep you company and talk and share with you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from Illinois   Hello from Illinois Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from Illinois
Page 1 of 1