Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breast Cancer Petition

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Breast Cancer Petition Empty
PostSubject: Breast Cancer Petition   Breast Cancer Petition Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 11:43 pm

From a nurse:
I'll never forget the look in my patients' eyes when I had to tell them they had to go home with the drains, new exercises and no breast. I remember begging the Doctors to keep these women in the hospital longer, only to hear that they would, but their hands were tied by the insurance companies. So there I sat with my patients, giving them the instructions they needed to take care of themselves, knowing full well they didn't grasp half of what I was saying, because the glazed, hopeless, frightened look spoke louder than the quiet 'Thank You' they muttered. A mastectomy is when a woman's breast is removed in order to remove cancerous breast cells/tissue. If you know anyone who has had a Mastectomy, you may know that there is a lot of discomfort and pain afterwards. Insurance companies are trying to make mastectomies an outpatient procedure. Let's give women the chance to recover properly in the hospital for 2 days after surgery.

It takes 2 seconds to do this and is very important. Please take the time and do it! Please send this to everyone in your address book. If there was ever a time when our voices and choices should be heard, this is one of those times.

If you're receiving this, it's because I think you will take the 30 seconds to vote on this issue and send it on to others you know who will do the same. There's a bill called the Breast Cancer Patient Protection Act which will require insurance companies to cover a minimum 48-hour hospital stay for pa t ients undergoing a mastectomy. It's about eliminating the 'drive-through' Mastectomy where women are forced to go home just a few hours after surgery, against the wishes of their doctor, still groggy from anesthesia and sometimes with drainage tubes still attached.

Lifetime Television has put this bill on their Web page with a petition drive to sh ow support. Last year over half the House signed on. PLEASE!! Sign the petition by clicking on the web site below. You need not give more than your name, state, and zip code.

(http://www.lifetimetv.com/breastcancer/petition/signpetition.php )

This takes about 2 seconds. PLEASE PASS THIS ON to your friends and
family, and on behalf of all women, THANKS
Back to top Go down
RedHatter
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
RedHatter

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: Breast Cancer Petition   Breast Cancer Petition Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 1:16 pm

Thanks, I am awaiting test results now for BC. I have claimed in Jesus' name that they will be negative.
Back to top Go down
clmclb5
Hitman
Hitman
clmclb5

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Breast Cancer Petition   Breast Cancer Petition Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 11:34 pm

Sending prayers your way RedHatter!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Breast Cancer Petition   Breast Cancer Petition Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:13 am

OMG!!! Mastectomy out patient!?!?!?!

This is crazy!!

My stepmom had a double mastectomy and it is unbelievable. If it weren't for my dad being there to help her with bandages and the drainage things....I don't think she could have done it. Not to mention the emotional shock she was going through.

Everybody get on board...it's worth it!!!
Back to top Go down
wise_guy
wise_guy

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Breast Cancer Petition   Breast Cancer Petition Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:22 am

RedHatter you are in my prayers.
Back to top Go down
wise_guy
wise_guy

Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Breast Cancer Petition   Breast Cancer Petition Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:29 am

No way should this procedure ever become outpatient, what are they (insurance companies) thinking of and I hope it not just to save money.
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Breast Cancer Petition   Breast Cancer Petition Icon_minitimeSun Jun 15, 2008 12:57 am

Let's all keep Red Hatter in our prayers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breast Cancer Petition   Breast Cancer Petition Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breast Cancer Petition
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the Family :: General Chatter-
Jump to: