Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Soooooo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Soooooo Empty
PostSubject: Soooooo   Soooooo Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 3:10 pm

Does anyone out there do crafts and make money at it???

I've always wanted to but can't decide on what would be the best thing to make to sell on etsy or take to the flea market.

I planted some bottle neck gourds last year and have about 8...planning on making some bird houses...but that's not gonna pay the bills :)

I use cloth diapers for the babe and like to sew...even made some of my own dipes and thought about making and selling them...but man, there are TONS of people doing that.

I even made dish clothes (crochet) but for me to much time to little money.

I would really like to make fairy houses...ok, stop laughing....you know take pine cones, twigs and such and build little houses for people to put in the garden...this idea I am still tossing around.

Even thought about trying the new england crafters thing but would really like to speak w/someone who makes money at it...ya know.

Anywho, if anybody has any ideas on what would be something marketable to make...I'm all ears :)
Back to top Go down
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Soooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soooooo   Soooooo Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 8:10 pm

Heya Ren!

I've heard of some people making some money on selling supplies on ebay. The crafty things that tend to sell are things like gifts (I've seen diaper cakes, these are popular I guess) and gift baskets. That's all I know.
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Soooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soooooo   Soooooo Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 5:21 am

Biblet is right. Ren, try making a few fairy houses and post them. You don'y pay if your item doesn't sell. You never know.

Biblet, I had a diaper cake at my baby shower. I had enough diapers for 2 months!
Back to top Go down
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Soooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soooooo   Soooooo Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 3:59 pm

Hahaha momov3! I've heard they're super popular right now. I didn't get one at my baby shower, but I certainly did get a lot of diapers. Most of them were newborn size though, and my daughter was in size ones when she was born.

Oh yeah, I've got tons of newborn size Pampers Swaddlers if anyone want's em! I'm holding onto them for anyone that needs them. I doubt any of my future kids will fit them, seeing as how my first didn't.
Back to top Go down
$MoMMy$MoNey$
$MoMMy$MoNey$

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Soooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soooooo   Soooooo Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 5:07 pm

The diaper cakes are super popular right now. Also, candy bar cakes are too (these are just becoming more popular). I just saw one that was made last week at a graduation party and it was soooo cool. It was a Reese' Cup "Candy Bar" Cake. You take 3 circle or square metal tins that are slightly different in size. (Large on bottom, medium in middle, small on top.) Glue them on top of one another. Then take favorite candy bar (or a combination of many) I think Reese' Cup and Hershey Bars work best because of their size and shape. Dab the back of each one with some hot glue and stick to the tin vertically. Repeat all the way around each tin. Add some ribbon & fancy decor. Voila', you have yourself a 3-tiered candy bar gift "cake"!!!! Very neat looking! I wish I would have taken a picture of the one I saw, it was very neat. I have seen some online kinda similiar. I will try to find one to post on here.

Last edited by $MoMMy$MoNey$ on Sat Jun 21, 2008 5:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Trying to find pic.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Soooooo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Soooooo   Soooooo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Soooooo
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Family Life :: Arts, Crafts and More Talk-
Jump to: