Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Artsies craftsies!

Go down 
+2
Bookeesmom
Biblet
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Artsies craftsies! Empty
PostSubject: Artsies craftsies!   Artsies craftsies! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 3:22 pm

I asked MP to hook me up with a place that everyone can share some of thier hidden talents, and I hope everyone takes full advantage of it! Oh, and this section is for recreation only, not for advertising. Talking about the possibility of making cashola with your talents is totally cool though. Thank you. Laughing

Now, on to the fun stuffs. I knit and crochet, mostly because these crafts are becoming the new hip thang for kids my age. I love sharing patterns, design ideas, new and awesome finds as far as notions and cool yarns, and everything else in between. I've tried setting up a stich and bitch in my area, but since I almost live in the middle of nowhere I've had no real luck doing so. In turn, I've decided I'd love to share this greatness with others here if they like. Currently I am freestyling a felted bookbag/diaper bag, and I am excited to show you the progress soon!

I am also trying to get better at sewing. Maybe someone here can give me some pointers? I'm trying to learn from my MIL, but she's all about the shortcuts and not reading exactly what's on the patterns, so I just get more confused (darn her).

I'm also compiling a list of great resources for these hobbies here online. If anyone has suggestions don't be shy!

Thanks again!

Your friendly neighborhood moderator,
Biblet aka Empress of the World
Back to top Go down
Bookeesmom
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Artsies craftsies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artsies craftsies!   Artsies craftsies! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 3:41 pm

I crochet, sew(lovelove to sew), and I turn trash into treasures. I look at garbage on the side of the road and think of all the other uses that old piece of wood could be still uselful for other than filling the landfill or burning. It is fun and some of the pieces I come up with are so pretty. Shabby chic is so pretty and feels so much like home when I am in that environment. Not sure what that says about me but I love it. I am a member of a few "trash to treasure" forums especially hgtv forums. The people there will inspire you and get the imagination going.
Crochet I love that especially helps when I am dieting and want so much to go to the kitchen and fill a bowl up of something I should not eat. It keeps me busy.
Sewing is my answer to Christmas shopping. I am working on rag quilts for all members of the family now. Buying fabrics with themes that each person reminds me of. Like my youngest daughter has a thing for frogs so all of one side of her quilt pieces have frogs on them. Really cute. and rag quilts ladies are so easy!
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Artsies craftsies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artsies craftsies!   Artsies craftsies! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 3:48 pm

I have an odd craft project that I have made alot. I use old panty hose and stuff with cotton. I stitch it up and make it look like little potatoes and then put in either little brown paper bags stuffed with paper or make little small burlap bags. I put them on my counter or in the corner of the kitchen floor.
Back to top Go down
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Artsies craftsies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artsies craftsies!   Artsies craftsies! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 4:02 pm

Ooooooh MP, I want one!
Back to top Go down
Ravish30
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Artsies craftsies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artsies craftsies!   Artsies craftsies! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 9:04 pm

I love to craft!

I crochet, scrapbook, cardmaking, candles, soaps, paper crafts, a little beading and a few other things.
Back to top Go down
http://my.tupperware.com/Ravish30
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Artsies craftsies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artsies craftsies!   Artsies craftsies! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 9:25 pm

Ravish, you should post some pics of things you've done!
Back to top Go down
Nhadyia
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
Nhadyia

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Artsies craftsies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artsies craftsies!   Artsies craftsies! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 2:13 pm

Creating something that you use yourself or give as a gift or sell is such a satisfying feeling. You ladies are very talented. Its amazing that whatever the mind can visualize can be created and the sky is the limit. Keep up the great work..

What I enjoy doing at present is knitting up those lovely, furry Fun Fur Scarves. I knitted up a bunch and made stocking stuffers and gave to friends and family over the xmas season. These are super easy to knit and the black ones I find are very elegant. They seem to be very popular on Etsy and other places. I have also seen them sold here in stores at some exhorbitant prices. All in all, these scarves are a wonderful project to try.
Back to top Go down
titan
Family
Family

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Artsies craftsies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artsies craftsies!   Artsies craftsies! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 20, 2008 10:20 pm

i knit, sew crochet, polmer clay, papercrafts...pretty much everything. Although a lot of my stuff is on hold until i have space. I like making but what to do with it then is always my dilemma!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Artsies craftsies! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Artsies craftsies!   Artsies craftsies! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Artsies craftsies!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Family Life :: Arts, Crafts and More Talk-
Jump to: