Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cloth Diapers?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jessigrace
Family
Family
Jessigrace

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-07

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:36 pm

Hi I want to switch over to cloth diapers. If anyone here uses cloth diapers would you please share your info. Such as how many you have, what kind you have, websites.

Any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks so much! :)
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 9:04 pm

Hey!

I use cloth!

My boy is right at 14months so I'm buying large pockets. I don't know what kind of cloth you are using but www.wallypop.net seems to have really good prices. I have a few from her. She doesn't include the insert I just buy bulk micro fiber towels at sams club.
www.etsy.com is another place to get some mommie made dipes.

What kind of diapers are you using and how old is your little one?
Back to top Go down
Jessigrace
Family
Family
Jessigrace

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 2:03 pm

My daughter is 9 months and I have a potty trained 2 year old. She does wet a diaper at night maybe 2x a week. I dont have any diapers yet. I ordered some prefold cloth diapers and Kushies off of Walmart.com. I have been reading up on cloth diapers and I am getting dizzy with all the new info! LOL! lol!

Thanks so much for the websites I will check them out!

How many diapers do you have and what kind of detegent do you use?
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 2:35 pm

right now I have about 17 pocket dipes...they're my favorite type :)

I tried fitted w/covers and my boy is toooo wiggly...lol

I do a load of dipes every other day...he goes through 12 dipes...give or take...everyday.

I use Allens Naturally for my dipes and then I sometimes add baking soda to the wash too.

check this link out for detergent http://www.diaperjungle.com/detergent-chart.html

My dd was potty trained at around 19months and I'm already putting the babe on the pot for BMs...hoping to have him trained by two also.
Back to top Go down
Jessigrace
Family
Family
Jessigrace

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 25, 2008 5:02 pm

Thanks for the info!
Back to top Go down
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 12:48 am

Good luck with the cloth diapers. I hmmed and hawed over it for months before I had my daughter, and I settled on throw-aways.
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 1:27 am

When I had #1 daughter I went whole hog on the natural baby thing...breastfeeding, cloth diapers, clothing made with all-natural fibers, no shoes for 6 months, homemade baby food, yada, yada, yada...

Everything stuck except the cloth diapers. lol! After about two weeks of the blasted things I couldn't get rid of them fast enough!!!

So you cloth diaper people have my absolute and undying respect.

I know what a pain in the behind (pun intended) cloth diapers are.
Back to top Go down
Poppet
Family
Family

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-14

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 6:21 pm

They certainly have changed since my son was in diapers....he is 18 now.

I used cloth from a service with diaper wraps. Worked out great for us, but then again, I only had one kid.
Back to top Go down
http://psychic-wisdom.net
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 10:26 pm

I am one of those co-sleeping, baby wearing, breastfeeding, crunchy mamas :)

I do use the throw aways on occasion but I don't mind my cloth...I like pocket dipes and they really are not that much trouble other than having a few extra loads of laundry a week...no biggy.

Speaking of shoes cindilouwhoo...my 14month old has never worn them and now I'm trying to put them on him...what a pain!!! He hates them and curls his toes on me...LOL...the little booger
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 11:08 pm

ren wrote:
Speaking of shoes cindilouwhoo...my 14month old has never worn them and now I'm trying to put them on him...what a pain!!! He hates them and curls his toes on me...LOL...the little booger

#1 daughter transitioned into shoes with nary a problem.

Daughter #2 however... Rolling Eyes

I think I ended up getting her a pair of those sandals that basically are a sole and cross-over canvas straps.

I'd put them on, she'd take them off. I'd put them on, she'd take them off. I'd put them on... :x All day we'd do that.

Luckily she went to a "crunchy" preschool where shoes (and believe it or not, clothing :!: ) were optional. (Don't ask)

I don't think I could get shoes on her consistently until she was about 4.

Being a barefoot girl myself I can relate. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jessigrace
Family
Family
Jessigrace

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 1:01 pm

I breastfeed my 1st daughter for 13 months. Now with number 2 she is going to be very hard to ween. If I just hold her she will start attacking my shirt-and she wont even be hungry!!

I started using my cloth diapers on Saturday. Just the prefold w/ a cover. So far no complaints, pretty easy.

I haven't tried my all in one cloth diapers yet a.k.a my good diapers! LOL! I've been reading a lot about them getting smelly and then you cant get the smell out.

Did any of you have that problem??
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 2:57 pm

I have never used AIO diapers...I hear the same, that they can get smelly, so I never bought one. My pockets are nice because it's like an AIO but you can take the "soaker" out to wash it seperately. (my soakers are just a microfiber towel folded long ways and then stuffed in the dipe)

I did use fitteds w/ a cover and they were okay...my boy is just so wiggly...ya give him something to play with while you change him and he's done w/the toy before you get the dirty off!!!

I've heard to get the smell out of AIOs you have to boil them!!!! Now that would be a nightmare...for me anyway!!

I breastfeed my dd 'til she was 17months...she was the same...used me for a passy and never took a bottle. It was around xmas time and we were really busy w/visiting family and stuff and she was down to about 3 or 4 nursings a day...so I took advantage of it and after xmas I just started cutting them back slowly until my milk was gone...it wasn't easy but I don't think it was that stressful for her I just kept her REALLY busy...lol
Back to top Go down
Jessigrace
Family
Family
Jessigrace

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2008 7:03 pm

I've read about boiling them too! Umm, not something I would/want to do! :no:

I honestly bought every brand of passy from Walmart and Target. My youngest wont even try to suck on them. She wont take a bottle either. It will be a fight after her 1st birthday! LOL!
Back to top Go down
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 5:35 pm

You all sound like such wonderful mommas! Sheesh, lucky kids!

I don't know what happened with me and my body, but my milk never dropped. I did the teas, massage, relaxation, paid for and saw two lactation consultants and had in-home post natal nurse care for the first month. The most I got out per pump session was maybe an ounce for a while and soon, all of that stopped too.

So, my baby is formula-fed and wears disposable diapers. BUT, everything else is pretty granola. I make all of her toys, much of her clothing, I wear her, we co-slept for the first month because I felt the need to be with her constantly because I couldn't breastfeed (don't ask, blame instincts and hormones). We do not cosleep any longer because I wasn't sleeping and neither was Eva honestly. She took to her own bed and room very well thankfully. We make most of her solid foods now too, and I'd make the formula if I could. Gad that stuff is expensive.

One thing that bothers me that people try to teach these days is CIO. My inlaws told me that it was fine, and for a week I tried it. Sleep training and CIO was torture. I don't do it and they make fun of me for it, saying that you can spoil an infant. Makes me laugh. Now Eva has gotten past crying when she needs something. Now she has voice inflections that I can read, so she hardly ever cries.

Whoo.
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 5:49 pm

Hey Biblet it sounds like you got one lucky kid too :)

Not everyone breastfeeds...that's why they make formula.
I was talking to my husband's grandmother one day and she was saying that she didn't breastfeed either...this was before formula. They made their own....a raw egg, condensed milk and karo syrup!!! yeap, you are reading this right...no typos. She said the nipple of the bottle would get all plugged up w/the raw egg....eeewwww. AND she said you could only feed them every 4 or 6 hrs I think...she said it was awful the babes would just cry and cry (hungry) and you would have to wait (if not the stuff they were giving them would give them diarrhea) Now that is what i call NIGHTMARE.... i can not stand to hear babies cry..whew!! crazy stuff...
Back to top Go down
Jessigrace
Family
Family
Jessigrace

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 6:31 pm

Aww, you make her clothes! I'm jealous! My mom and Grandma use to make all of our clothes. I feel like I'm slacking cause I havent done so.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cloth Diapers? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cloth Diapers?   Cloth Diapers? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cloth Diapers?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Family Life :: Parenting-
Jump to: