Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Small changes can yield big results

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Small changes can yield big results Empty
PostSubject: Small changes can yield big results   Small changes can yield big results Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:14 pm

I have made some small, incremental changes to my eating habits in the past month in order to lose weight. I think the changes I have chosen to make will make a significant difference in the numbers on the scale a year from now. :)

What small changes can we all make to make a difference in our weight?

For me:

I have completely cut out soda of ANY kind (including diet soda) and now drink water in its place.

Cutting out soda (which counts for about 100 calories in an 8 oz. glass) may only mean a small decrease in my overall calorie consumption in a day but will make a significant dent in my weight.

I have increased my consumption of green and leafy veggies.

Not only do most vegetables contain zero calories they are foods that make a body healthier, feel fuller and help to produce more energy because they are packed with vitamins.

Now veggie eating has always been a chore for me--unless they are covered with butter, oil, cream or fat. Laughing but I am making a conscious decision to eat more of the (admittedly few) veggies I *do * like in order to consume fewer calories.

I park at the far end of the lot instead of cruising until I find something close to the store.

It's better for the environment. With the high cost of gas it's better for my wallet. And finally, it isn't going to kill me to walk a little further to get to the mall entrance. That small increase in activity will make a big difference if added up over the course of a year.

What small, simple and manageable changes can we make to our diet and lifestyle to help us lose weight?
Back to top Go down
jeffathome
Family
Family

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Small changes can yield big results   Small changes can yield big results Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 1:27 am

People have no idea what just eliminating soda will do for them. All that sugar and high fructose corn syrup is horrible. Soda is all our children drink and in really needs to stop. Water, water and more water. Also keeping a journal will really help also. Then you know how many calories you are taking in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.earncashwithinfomercials.com
honey_mocha
Family
Family

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Small changes can yield big results   Small changes can yield big results Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 7:23 am

I agree with you jeffathome and I can stand to lose some pounds myself... I do pretty good with the veggie and fruit thing but I need to add a little bit of excercise to the mix.

How much weight have you lost so far?
Back to top Go down
abwentzel
Mafioso
Mafioso

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Small changes can yield big results   Small changes can yield big results Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 11:40 am

Another small change that might help is stop eating three hours before you go to bed so if you go to bed at 10pm don't eat anything after 7pm.
Back to top Go down
jeffathome
Family
Family

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Small changes can yield big results   Small changes can yield big results Icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2008 1:37 am

I am pretty much at my ideal weight. Just toning and strength training now. Also running about 15 miles a week. I can tell you one thing. I used to drink about 3 sodas a day and now it is about 2 a week. What a difference. Probably droppend about 2 inches in my waist just from that. I really feel if you do not have your health then you have nothing so I try to be a 37 year old in a 21 year old body. Not there yet but I'm closing fast. I am getting ready to start the P90x workout soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.earncashwithinfomercials.com
Audrey
Family
Family

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Small changes can yield big results   Small changes can yield big results Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 2:24 am

I too made small changes that added up to weight loss for me.

I was never a soda drinker but I did love lemonade. I almost never drink it anymore.

I almost never eat white breads anymore. It's either whole wheat or grain. I still enjoy pizza from time to time so that's why I said almost never. The pizza I eat is on white dough.

I tend to now make two veggies for dinner.

I eat a lot more fruit. I'll grab an apple instead of chips.

Making one change at a time, I really didn't feel like I was giving things up. I instead looked for things I liked. Like with the bread, I've found a few brands of grain bread that I just love. So I actually am now eating something I like more.
Back to top Go down
http://my.tupperware.com/audreyoka
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small changes can yield big results   Small changes can yield big results Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small changes can yield big results
Page 1 of 1