Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Class Action Suit For You

Go down 
+6
Mafia Princess
Pink2KPrincessCut
cyndilouwhoo
almom
Bookeesmom
Godslittlegirl
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Godslittlegirl
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Class Action Suit For You Empty
PostSubject: Class Action Suit For You   Class Action Suit For You Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:55 am

Did you guys catch the commercial on television advising you of this?

www.listclassaction.com

"Click On Summary Notice" for details.

I registered already.

Last edited by Godslittlegirl on Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bookeesmom
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Class Action Suit For You   Class Action Suit For You Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 3:24 am

I registered also.
I find it so ridiculous that these credit bureaus can post anything about a person without their knowledge and in order to know you have to pay except for once a year and when someone denies you credit. Like my former mother-in-law recently stated to me that she thinks it is a shame that she has to pay them to protect her from them. Somethings just do not make sense. When I perform a service I have to do it correctly or I am held accountable for the service. These credit bureaus are arrogant and totally irresponsible in their reports about people. My husband and I have had to curse, raise h##l, all after writing reports, copying reports, and proving we are the people they say we are in our reports. I have one credit bureau even after sending copies of my birth certificate, driver's license, and social security card, have my birth day 35 years after my actual birthdate yet the other two agencies have it correct. I asked them why do I have to prove this when the person that gave them this info did not have to prove anything obviously. Still after sending all this info they have my birthdate incorrect. A difference of 35 years does make a difference. They should be held to the same level of excellence we hold ourselves to when we provide a service. Ok I will shut up now! Thanks for reading and putting up with my hot opinion about this.
Back to top Go down
almom
Hitman
Hitman

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Class Action Suit For You   Class Action Suit For You Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 6:23 am

Thanks for posting this! I registered as well. I KNOW how these credit reporting agencies have such inaccurate information. Even though I dealt with them a few years ago to correct incorrect information on mine and my husband's credit files, they STILL refuse to correct some info, including totally incorrect addresses where neither of us have EVER lived. We've never even heard of the addresses or don't even know if they exists (because I have never heard of the street they have listed there). This is after SEVERAL phone calls AND certified letters. They just always state something to the effect of "This is information we have on file for you and will remain as part of your permanent file". RIDICULOUS!
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: Class Action Suit For You   Class Action Suit For You Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:09 pm

A great place to go for help and advice relating to a variety of credit/debt/credit report related topics is CreditBoards.com.

It's been a great source for me for advice both interesting and important.

Search the forums and it's a good bet they'll have answers to your particular credit-related questions and strategies to use to straighten out your credit report--including great credit repair strategies. :)

One thing I have learned from the site that should be of particular interest to WAH folk is that we have a right to view our credit reports if after a credit report is requested we are not offered employment.

I requested a review of my Experian report after a vendor for VIPDesk pulled my report on behalf of the company.

I know we have excellent credit -- but it's nice to have another way to check the state of our reports other than the annual credit report every American is entitled to.

Just remember that although you have access to your report your score is another matter entirely. There are a variety of ways to check your score for free on the Internet and some of those methods are addressed HERE and HERE

HTH! And yeah, I've already registered for the class action credit monitoring as well. Can't access your credit report enough. It's amazing what creeps on if you aren't vigilant. :)
Back to top Go down
Pink2KPrincessCut

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Class Action Suit For You   Class Action Suit For You Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 1:57 pm

Thats good information Godslittlegirl and Cyndi! You can also get your free credit score here: https://www.creditkarma.com/
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Class Action Suit For You   Class Action Suit For You Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 2:03 pm

I'm tossing in the site that I've always used for credit reports.

www.annualcreditreport.com
Back to top Go down
Godslittlegirl
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 158

PostSubject: Re: Class Action Suit For You   Class Action Suit For You Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 11:24 pm

That is what I use on a Annual basis MP. I just disputed a few things on my report...and they removed them immediately.

I don't know that people understand that they have made it a lot easier now to handle your own credit report. Dispute things, and get things changed. I even had a easy time on the phone with customer service while she went over everything I wanted changed on my report. Then she asked me will that be all you need changed on your report today.

I was like wow...things have changed. The credit bureaus use to be like this distant land that you just could never reach. The letters that you would send off to no mans land......Thank God they changed it all.

So I advise every body to go to www.annualcreditreport.com and check all of your reports yearly.

Look...the Government made it a law that you receive them free every year...take advantage of it.

DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF GOING TO FREECREDITREPORT.COM...that is not free...that is not the one the Government gives you free each year. People tend to get that mixed up. That site is a trial..and then you have to pay..yada yada yada....

You want www.annualcreditreport.com and there you get all THREE reports for FREE EVERY YEAR...per the Government.
Back to top Go down
dazzzlingdani
dazzzlingdani

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2008-05-16

PostSubject: Re: Class Action Suit For You   Class Action Suit For You Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 12:27 am

I registered also
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Class Action Suit For You   Class Action Suit For You Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 12:32 pm

WOW!!!! Thanks for the post...I registered me and hubby...

spinning thank you
Back to top Go down
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Class Action Suit For You   Class Action Suit For You Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 5:06 pm

I registered too, I had a student Chase card that temporarily screwed my credit. *shakes fist*
Back to top Go down
Don Giovanni
Work At Home Boss
Work At Home Boss
Don Giovanni

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Class Action Suit For You   Class Action Suit For You Icon_minitimeSun Jul 06, 2008 6:55 pm

Anyone who wishes to steal my identity may do so at their own peril! :evil:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class Action Suit For You   Class Action Suit For You Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Class Action Suit For You
Page 1 of 1