Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What would you do?

Go down 
+6
katybugg
Mafia Princess
AimeeP
lilbirdblue
Godslittlegirl
Pink2KPrincessCut
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Pink2KPrincessCut

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2008-05-05

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:08 am

My hubby and I always talk about winning the lottery. So, what are the top things on your list to do if you won a cool mill?
Back to top Go down
Godslittlegirl
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-05-06

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:21 am

Donate to a great charity
Buy my mom a nice house
Open a few Group Homes for Teenage Girls
Run a few recovery programs
.....can you tell I enjoy the Human Service Field lol!
Open a huge Rec Center for my hubby to run, and coach kids basketball

Oh, yeah...buy a nice house and a nice car too.
Back to top Go down
Pink2KPrincessCut

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:02 am

I can tell that you care a lot about others. There is nothing selfish about what you would do with it. Thats cool of you. I am kind of selfish. LOL I would, of course, have me a home built from the ground up. I would buy a new car, put some money into a trust fund for my girls, put some money into an account for their college expenses. Give my mom some money and distribute dividends to various close family members.

Then me, hubby and the girls would travel a little.

Oh yea, I would anonymously donate a little to the mafia for all the help and support that I received while working at home.
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:21 am

I'm with you Pink, I would love to buy some land and build a house!!! I would build it "off the grid"...solar power, fire place, well for water and yes a composting toilet!!!

My dream is to have a farm w/fruit and nut trees (for profit of course) AND I would looooove to have some sheep to sheer. Oh yeah, I would also like to have an alpaca (their fur is used for textiles also) or two :)

Okay, now you people know way to much about me and now you'll think I'm crazy!!!
Back to top Go down
Pink2KPrincessCut

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:28 am

LOL, know I don't think you're crazy Ren. I think your dreams are very cool and unique. Thats a great business idea.
Back to top Go down
AimeeP
Mafioso
Mafioso
AimeeP

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-05-14

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:38 pm

Showing your true colors there Ren: business savvy even on the farm!!!

As for the lotto earnings, sorry charity but family comes first. Step one: a house!! Big ol' house with actual room for stuff. Ah, the eternal dream...Anyways, the usual, new car (again w/more room), give some to the parents (mine and hubby's) and siblings, if they behave, hehehe...

Put some in the bank, of course (stupid future always lurking...). Invest some and some for charity. See, I'm not ALL bad.

At some point, gotta go to Paris. That is a must, no questions asked.

And I'm done. Wooorld peace!
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 4:17 pm

Hmm. I would pay off my bills, buy a house, buy one for my son, take my best friend and family to Disney for week, buy some computers then I would teach and train disabled adults to be able to work at home.

And I would get some awesome cookware.
Back to top Go down
katybugg
Family
Family
katybugg

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-07-08

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 6:13 pm

[b] A cool mil....brrrrrr...that would definitely take care of our plans!!! Most likely no one has seen My Space or knows me,so I'll have to enlighten, I wanna sell the house and everything in it....get a big RV and travel .With the million in the picture that would mean a 2 Harley trailer to pull, I'd still want to park in each of my 2 daughter's drives now and then and plug into their electricity!!!{Payback!}lol Also with the winnings factored in, we could [u]buy the cabin in the Smokies around Fontana Lake and the cottage at the Eastern NC coast,and have a place to park and ride. There should still be plenty to pay off the girls' debts,college for the grandchildren....and plenty of security for them. And of course we would need a fishing boat at both the coast and the mountains.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/grannakaye
Nhadyia
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
Nhadyia

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-06-24

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 7:17 pm

One Million dollars could very quickly disappear if its not handled with caution. The first thing I would do if I became lucky would be to contact a professional financial advisor.

I would definitely put a large portion in mutual funds and ensure a solid return on the investments.

Pay off my mortgage

Family of course will be taken care of

Some to charity and close friends.

The returns from the investments would enable me to give more and basically enjoy a more carefree lifestyle, work part-time at my regular job and travel, travel, travel.

I would not quit my regular job immediately. I would wait to see what type of investment retuns I get and make that decision down the line. I would, however, stay on part-time until such time. I like my job. However, if I won a few million, then yes, I would probably leave alltogether.

Oh, and very importantly, I would not tell anyone other than trusted family members that I won all that money. Lets just say that I have grown wise through experience.

And, since I do like this forum very much and the tone and overall setup is one that I admire, most definitely Mafia would receive a donation towards its upkeep.
Back to top Go down
dazzzlingdani
dazzzlingdani

Number of posts : 463
Registration date : 2008-05-16

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 8:25 pm

I would definitly first and foremost think about saving for the future, stocks, bonds, funds, savings and that good stuff. Then a huge house somewhere..don't know where yet though. A small summer home somewhere also and of course a new car. The rest for my boys for college. HAHA oh yea I forgot about my bro and my mom, yea I will throw them some cash too, they can do what they want with it.
Back to top Go down
cwilson26
Family
Family
cwilson26

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-07-19

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:53 am

I have always wanted to help the homeless and the hungry. I hate seeing people without homes and food to eat. I know what it's like to go without food, it sucks.

I wold build more homes for the homeless, help them get a good education and a good job and let them stay in the homes for dirt cheap.

I would also pay off mine and my parents and mother-n-laws bills, buy us all a better home, buy us all new cars, and everything else we need and want.

Paying off our bills would be a huge help. :)
Back to top Go down
http://cwilson26.blogspot.com
cwilson26
Family
Family
cwilson26

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-07-19

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:12 am

ren wrote:
I'm with you Pink, I would love to buy some land and build a house!!! I would build it "off the grid"...solar power, fire place, well for water and yes a composting toilet!!!

My dream is to have a farm w/fruit and nut trees (for profit of course) AND I would looooove to have some sheep to sheer. Oh yeah, I would also like to have an alpaca (their fur is used for textiles also) or two :)

Okay, now you people know way to much about me and now you'll think I'm crazy!!!

I live on a farm with fruit and nut trees but the nut trees were literally uprooted from some major wind that came through here a month ago. Now we are trying to sell the wood. I have a peach tree, and an apple tree. We also have grape vines and raspberry bushes. The nut trees that are down were walnut trees.

We used to have chickens, a goat and a pig. The chickens were all killed by some animal that came out of the woods and got into the coop and literally slaughtered them and left most of their bodies there for us to get rid of. We sold the goat and got rid of the pig because we couldn't afford to feed them anymore. The pig bit my husband the day we got rid of him and he had to go to the ER. You should have seen everyone's face when they found out why he was getting a tetnus shot and stitches. They all laughed at him, lol.

We want to get more chickens for the eggs but we have to build a good coop where nothing can get in and kill the poor things. We lost 2 sets of chickens that way. My poor little silkie chicks were killed too. I loved my silkies, they were so pretty and small. :(
Back to top Go down
http://cwilson26.blogspot.com
Bookeesmom
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-08

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:47 am

I would first of all get a CPA to manage my money so I did not go crazy and spend it all in a short time. I would help the homeless especially women from domestic violence situations with finding affordable homes for them and their children, a car, an education if needed, safe environment, and a place to meet others that are moving up and getting into a better situation.
I would buy some land, at least 20 acres, build a home for myself, and each of my children, also I would run an animal shelter for abused and neglected animals on the land.
That would be a start I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What would you do? Empty
PostSubject: Re: What would you do?   What would you do? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What would you do?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the Family :: General Chatter-
Jump to: