Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

An Addiction

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Godslittlegirl
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-05-06

An Addiction Empty
PostSubject: An Addiction   An Addiction Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:09 am

Okay, this may sound really crazy to some of you...but I couldn't think of a better place to ask about this...

I have a serious addiction to "Ice Eating".

It is like the best candy you have ever had in your life to me. I have tried several times to quit...and I still end up going back. I even went as far as throwing away Ice trays, etc. Still no help.

I have heard there is a connection between Anemia and Ice Eating, but I don't know. I am taking my multivitamine and trying to see if this helps.

I wake up thinking about getting some...I go to bed needing a little bit before I go to sleep...it's crazy. When I worked outside the home.....when everyone would take their breaks and go smoke.....I would take mine and run to the cafeteria for ice....HORRIBLE....

I know it could be worse...thank God it's not drugs or alcohol...I don't even smoke cigarettes.....

It's just this darn ICE. I REALLY need to kick this habit.

Have any of you guy ever heard of this...or do you know anyone who has had this habit...and Kicked it.

I wonder if there is an Ice Eaters Annonymous. lol!
Back to top Go down
Pink2KPrincessCut

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2008-05-05

An Addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Addiction   An Addiction Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:11 am

My hubby and I always tell him that its NOT a male trait, lol. Girl, I hate to lay in bed and hear him crunching on ice. It makes my teeth hurt. I literally make a pillow sandwich on my head, because the sound is like hearing fingernails scratch a chalk board.

The only time I ate ice was when I was pregnant with my baby girl.
Back to top Go down
Godslittlegirl
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

An Addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Addiction   An Addiction Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:14 am

Wow...It's really crazy......
My hubby absolutely hates it too. I find myself having to sneak around him and do it. Every time he catches me he rolls his eyes. He doesn't understand that I reallly am trying to stop.

It is a real addiction...as dumb as it may seem.
Back to top Go down
Pink2KPrincessCut

An Addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Addiction   An Addiction Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:19 am

I don't think its dumb, we all have our own quirky habits You said you heard it possibly had a connection with anemia? I've never heard that, but my hubby has sickle cell anemia, so that may be why he chews ice.
Back to top Go down
Godslittlegirl
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

An Addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Addiction   An Addiction Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 2:23 am

Yes, I did some research on it..and it seems to be related to Anemia.

Wow, you just put even more confirmation to that .....being that your husband has Sickle Cell.

I plan to up the Iron from now on, and see if that helps any. I really hope it works.
Back to top Go down
Pink2KPrincessCut

An Addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Addiction   An Addiction Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 3:32 am

I understand completely about wanting to build your iron up. I actually bought some iron pills for him and he rarely takes them.

But, look on the bright side. Chewing ice has an advantage: at least your drinking (well chewing) water each day. Large amounts of water is always good. LOL.

There is always a bright side to everything.
Back to top Go down
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-04-28

An Addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Addiction   An Addiction Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 12:16 am

I've heard that ice munching is linked to anemia too.
Back to top Go down
cwilson26
Family
Family
cwilson26

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-07-19

An Addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Addiction   An Addiction Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 1:51 am

I have never heard that ice eating is linked to anemia, learn something new every day.

I am addicted to salt! Very bad habit. I put tons of salt on everything I eat! Everything! I have got to chill out because both my parents have high blood pressure. :)
Back to top Go down
http://cwilson26.blogspot.com
Godslittlegirl
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

An Addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Addiction   An Addiction Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 2:09 am

wow.....it is crazy the things you can actually be addicted to.

My girlfriend is addicted to "raw rice" ...i'llllllll......
She can't stop. She is sooo disgusted with herself because her belly is bloated all the time. I told her the amount of sugar she is putting in her system is on overload too.

Well, I can't not talk...because I am crunching as I type. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

An Addiction Empty
PostSubject: Re: An Addiction   An Addiction Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An Addiction
Page 1 of 1