Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What do you like to read?

Go down 
+2
Mafia Princess
wahmintn
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wahmintn
Family
Family

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-30

What do you like to read? Empty
PostSubject: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 10:56 pm

Just curious what do you like to read. It seems most who write like to read and even the non writing working from home crowd seems to like to read. I'm guilty of somehow reading about 5 books a month, usually 3 non fiction (business, marketing, type books) and 2 fiction (usually one action/mystery/thriller and a chick lit).
Back to top Go down
http://www.KnoxWahm.com
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 10:57 pm

I'm a huge Nora Roberts fan. I've read nearly all of her books and the ones she wrote as JD Robb. I'm a sucker for romance novels, especially the historical based ones.
Back to top Go down
Michelle
Hitman
Hitman
Michelle

Number of posts : 63
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 12, 2008 11:15 pm

I read whatever I can get my hands on. This week is Robin Cook, last week was Stephen King.
Back to top Go down
wahmintn
Family
Family

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2008 2:59 am

Yep, I'll second whatever I can get my hands on Very Happy

I went through my Stephen King phase in middle school, think I'm Kinged out. I used to say, yes I'm twisted, it would be funny if Dr. Seuss and Stephen King could write a book together - come on you know that would be fun lol!

As far as romances, I used to read my mom's when I was younger and she was into the historical ones, I liked the westerns best. Right now I like Jennifer Crusie for romances.

I'm in the process of my first Koontz novel, very well written and I like Baldacci (sp) Camel Club books as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.KnoxWahm.com
cwilson26
Family
Family
cwilson26

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 22, 2008 11:40 pm

Oh I love Stephen King, Dean Koontz, Nora Roberts (read almost all of her J.D. Robb books) Danielle Steele, Maggie Shayne, Anne Rice, Kay Hooper, and anything else I can get my hands on that really interests me. I am really into horror stories and have actually written a few of my own but haven't had them published yet, I'm still polishing them up.

Right now I am reading "The Vampire Chronicles" by Anne Rice. Last week I read a Nora Roberts trilogy about vampires! Then before that I got a free copy of a book that just came out in April, the publishers want me to do a review on it but we are having email issues so I haven't heard back from them yet. Anyway I love to read and hopefully a book review job is in my near future! :)
Back to top Go down
http://cwilson26.blogspot.com
Bookeesmom
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 23, 2008 3:10 am

John Saul! Ladies if you love Stephen King you will love his books. I read all the time especially in the loo, in bed if I cant sleep, anytime I can really which is not nearly as much as I would like. I love a good book, you know those that you just cannot put down until the last page is turned.
My daughter and I go to the thrift stores and load up and then swap them out to one another. The only problem is we have so many books now and we do not want them all so I guess we will just donate back to the thrift stores.
My daughter loves the mystery, psycho, stuff. I love scarey, mystery, romance, historical (yes), really anything that is well written and keeps my attention.
Back to top Go down
cwilson26
Family
Family
cwilson26

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 1:22 am

Haven't heard of John Saul. Interesting, I will have to check his books out. Thanks for the suggestion. :)
Back to top Go down
http://cwilson26.blogspot.com
writermomichele
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:36 am

I love John Grisham!

I don't get the chance to read as much as I'd like, though.
Back to top Go down
http://moneysavingwahm.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you like to read?   What do you like to read? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you like to read?
Page 1 of 1