Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
starchildhealer
Family
Family

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please? Empty
PostSubject: Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please?   Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:21 pm

I know this is probably a stupid question but I am going to ask anyway. I keep seeing that people either want to hire people to create backlinks for them or that they are good to have to promote your articles and blogs etc.

What exactly is considered a backlink? I have seen some things about Google adsense and problems with certain places used for backlinks as well.

I am totally confused on this and would appreciate any help. I have just started 2 blogs and do want to promote them so any help would be appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please?   Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2008 10:40 pm

Backlinks are links that point toward the site you are wanting to direct traffic to. So if I would say something that points you to http://workathomemafia.blogspot.com on a site then that is a backlink to that site.
Back to top Go down
pamrapp@mchsi.com
Family
Family

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please?   Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 2:26 pm

The backlinks that get you in trouble are backlinks from places that are not on topic for your site, like the places that sell backlinks. For a backlink to be considered valid it should be from somewhere that your topic is being discussed, a site that is about a similar or the same topic. For example, say you have a blog about kittens, a backlink from a site dedicated to golf clubs would not be considered valid. Google is looking for links that could or did happen organically. Of course, you don't have control over who backlinks to you organically, and some will be off topic, but the majority of them should be legit or you'll get slapped by google.

There are places out there to link swap, or places that sell backlinks, but unless they're giving you links to valid sites in your niche it will only hurt you in the long run.

Pam
http://shrinkingpamelalala.blogspot.com

Last edited by pamrapp@mchsi.com on Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : can't spell!)
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please?   Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please? Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2008 2:32 pm

Yeah I have to agree with Pam, you see so much of backlinks that are spamming on forums, messageboards, etc. Especially in like Yahoo answers
Back to top Go down
pamrapp@mchsi.com
Family
Family

Number of posts : 34

PostSubject: Re: Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please?   Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:45 am

Hey, speaking of backlinks, I just gave the Mafia another one!! Someone was asking about working from home on the obesityhelp.com forums and I answered and gave your link. You should hire me as a affiliate. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please?   Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 12:51 am

I wish I had the money to. You are all over the net!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please?   Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Can Someone Explain Backlinks to me please?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Mafia Hangouts :: The Writer's Block-
Jump to: