Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tax on Gift Card = Double Tax

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
almom
Hitman
Hitman

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-07-01

Tax on Gift Card = Double Tax Empty
PostSubject: Tax on Gift Card = Double Tax   Tax on Gift Card = Double Tax Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 3:11 am

I'm not sure if this has ever been mentioned here or not (I'm new), but why is it when you buy a Visa Gift Card that you have to pay tax on it? When you give it as a gift and the person uses it, they have to pay tax on their purchases that they make with it. Isn't that double tax?

I get reminded of this every time I buy one of those things. Today I bought a $50 Visa Gift Card and paid almost $54 for it. Then, when the person I give it to uses it and say they buy something for exactly $50, then they have to turn around and pay the remaining tax that's due on the $50 item.

Just venting...LOL
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Tax on Gift Card = Double Tax Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tax on Gift Card = Double Tax   Tax on Gift Card = Double Tax Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 11:39 am

That must be an Alabama thing Almom. We don't pay tax on Gift Cards here in Mass. -- thankfully or I'd be venting along with ya!!

That is double taxation. No question.

Maybe ya'll need to throw a tea party over taxes like we did here in Boston! lol!
Back to top Go down

Tax on Gift Card = Double Tax
Page 1 of 1