Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

$8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

$8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical Empty
PostSubject: $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical   $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:54 pm

Check out Zenni Optical for some of the best deals on eyeglasses around. Awesome prices!!
Back to top Go down
single_wah_chick
Hitman
Hitman

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical   $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 4:34 am

This looks AWESOME! But have you or anyone else actually used these people before, Mafia Princess?
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical   $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:58 am

I've purchased three pair of eyeglasses from Zenni over the last few years and am getting ready to pull the trigger on a 4th pair if that helps. :)

I am very pleased with the company--but I have gone in with the expectation that these are not designer frames, these are $8.00 eyeglasses, if you know what I mean. :)

My first pair (Now 4 years old) is beat to crap from my sitting on them several bazillion times. The kicker for me was dropping them last winter onto icy pavement and chipping one of the lenses. The bottom line is they started to look pretty gamey. ;)

So I purchased a pair of sunglasses and a pair of replacement eyeglasses, the latter of which I promptly stepped on and bent two days after their arrival. lol! I just bent the earpiece back into place but they still sit a bit crookedly on my face. :)

The two pair cost about $25/shipped. (It's an extra $4 for sunglass tint and $5 shipping)

The bottom line for me is that the lenses are cut properly and sit correctly in the frame--and I always take them to Wal-Mart to make sure that the lenses are the same strength as provided in the prescription. They always have been cut correctly.

As you can tell I like them a lot. Be aware though that not everyone feels the same way. I think a person's satisfaction will have a lot to do with attitude and an understanding that, again, these are $8 eyeglasses and they won't be as sturdy as a more expensive frame.

Although I haven't completely broken a pair yet. :)

I have also gotten several compliments on these glasses. People cannot believe what I paid for them. :)

So there you go. My review of Zenni--sorry it was so long but hope it helps. If you buy a pair let us know how it works out for you!
Back to top Go down
single_wah_chick
Hitman
Hitman

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-07-07

PostSubject: Re: $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical   $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 2:02 pm

Thanks for the review Cyndilou!

Okay, that's all I needed to hear, I'm there. I will let everybody know of my experience, as soon as I can scrape together some coin for an eye exam, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical   $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 2:04 pm

I am going to try them too. I need some change in my appearance LOL
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical   $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 2:29 pm

One minor note: It is CRITICAL you get the optometrist to measure Pupillary Distance (PD) and that (s)he give you that number. It doesn't ordinarily get included in a prescription (or if it is, I've never seen it--unless I ask). You can measure PD yourself but it is much more accurate if done during an eye exam by a trained professional. :)
Back to top Go down
Pink2KPrincessCut

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical   $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:43 pm

Thank you for that great review Cyndi. I made an eye appointment with my doctor so that I can get my prescription, then I'm going to try Zenni's out.

I usually go to America's Best but they have started adding a lot of other fees to their 2 for $69. deal. Last time I went, I ended up spending close to $150 for my glasses, which isn't THAT bad for 2 pair but I did feel like I got blind-sided.
Back to top Go down
Navaflaire
Family
Family
Navaflaire

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical   $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 6:52 pm

Thanks so much for this information. I need to change my look and work on some new glasses. I have sat on them, moved them and couldn't find them. Threw them around etc. My son's glasses are even worst than mine. So this is a godsend. Thank you all for this information.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical   $8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

$8 Eyeglasses!! Check out Zenni Optical
Page 1 of 1