Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any Beaders Out There?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
single_wah_chick
Hitman
Hitman

Number of posts : 81
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Any Beaders Out There? Empty
PostSubject: Any Beaders Out There?   Any Beaders Out There? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 4:32 am

I sooooooooooooooo want to get started but money has been soooooooooo tiiiiiiiight.

I was wondering if anyone has good ideas on getting started even with stretch thread beading. Where are good sources to get beads? A lady I met told me about buy dollar store jewlery and recycling the beads. Another source is a local Goodwill that sells jewlry for a flat rate of $2.50.

Right now, I want to start with rope, or stretch bracelets and necklaces, or hook earrings. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Any Beaders Out There?   Any Beaders Out There? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 4:02 am

You know you could make your own beads too. With filo dough and there are other mediums also, filo is the one off the top of my head.

I would shy away from the dollar store...lead paint recalls and all...JMO

My advice is to check out ebay and etsy...you can get some really nice beads/stones for a great price and have quality items you can then sell on www.etsy.com (I love that site :)

I think hook earings would bring the most income, again JMO...they are really popular right now and would only need one bead per earing (sometimes)

My advice would be to check out etsy and get some ideas!

Good luck and Keep us posted :)
Back to top Go down
Lena
Family
Family

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Re: Any Beaders Out There?   Any Beaders Out There? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:33 am

I make jewelry myself and would love to put it on etsy.com, but my problem is I don't know how to scan the pics. on there for selling. So is there anyone out there that can teach me how to use my scanner? I love to make jewelry. I thought I would ask some of the jewelry lovers like myself, how to use it, that is already an expert at it. Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Any Beaders Out There?   Any Beaders Out There? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:43 am

are you just trying to scan pictures you've taken with a regular camera? When I scan my scanner has a button on it that I hit and then I just put it in a file on my computer. I have a 3 in 1 that I got for my bday last year.

Do you have a digital camera? You could just upload your pics on to the computer that way.
Back to top Go down
Lena
Family
Family

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-08

PostSubject: Hi ren   Any Beaders Out There? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 9:00 pm

I had sent you a pm and I am just posting to see if you received it yet. Yes I have the same as you I believe, it is a 3 in 1 HP officejet. So you will have to give me the step 1 - step 2 etc. as to how to go about using it. I only used the other part fax and copier. So I will practice when you tell me what I am suppose to do until I get the hang of it. Thank you so much!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any Beaders Out There?   Any Beaders Out There? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any Beaders Out There?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Family Life :: Arts, Crafts and More Talk-
Jump to: