Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Worst job/boss ever?

Go down 
+6
Godslittlegirl
kate
Biblet
Bookeesmom
Mafia Princess
AimeeP
10 posters
AuthorMessage
AimeeP
Mafioso
Mafioso
AimeeP

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-05-14

Worst job/boss ever? Empty
PostSubject: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:01 pm

What was your worst job ever? Or to that effect, what is the craziest thing your boss ever made you do (think Devil Wears Prada...)?
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:11 pm

Oh I think some comments should be really funny
Back to top Go down
AimeeP
Mafioso
Mafioso
AimeeP

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 6:13 pm

Yes ma'am!
Back to top Go down
Bookeesmom
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:07 pm

No reason

Last edited by Bookeesmom on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bookeesmom
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

PostSubject: Re: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 7:14 pm

No reason.

Last edited by Bookeesmom on Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:11 pm

Worst funniest boss I ever had just cracked me up over call waiting. He would think he was beeping over when he wasn't and start talking about whoever he had been on the phone with. One day he was talking to his wife and thought he beeped over to his gf. He began talking sexy and saying smack about his wife. She actually owned the company and she came in and fired and dropped off his clothes. LOL
Back to top Go down
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 9:18 pm

Pffbt, hahaha MP.
Back to top Go down
kate
Family
Family

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 1:17 pm

I wish I could tell you, but she's probably on here.
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 7:18 pm

As long as you don't say names or companies she may not realize who you are talking about.
Back to top Go down
Godslittlegirl
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:42 am

I had a terrible and psychotic boss. He was one of the head partners of the law firm, and guess who was his assistant. He seemed so nice ....dah dah dah dah...until...I was there for about a few month and he asked me ....NO BODY LAUGH...I WAS PISSED...he asked me what type of horse I thought I was. He said he liked horses and compared women to horses. I said, Oh...you can definitely compare me to a Stallion...he said why....I said because they know what they want...and what they don't want...they don't take any mess...and they will not let you RIDE them.

How many of yall caught the undertone.....LOL

He said...wow...and went back to his desk....there were many other things that went on...until I finally couldn't take him any more. He had absolutely NO respect for women at all. NONE
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 1:47 am

Well...... I just spit soda all over my laptop there Stallion LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
SkylarsMom
Family
Family

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-09

PostSubject: Re: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 3:14 pm

Godslittlegirl wrote:
I had a terrible and psychotic boss. He was one of the head partners of the law firm, and guess who was his assistant. He seemed so nice ....dah dah dah dah...until...I was there for about a few month and he asked me ....NO BODY LAUGH...I WAS PISSED...he asked me what type of horse I thought I was. He said he liked horses and compared women to horses. I said, Oh...you can definitely compare me to a Stallion...he said why....I said because they know what they want...and what they don't want...they don't take any mess...and they will not let you RIDE them.

How many of yall caught the undertone.....LOL

lol
needed the laugh thx

He said...wow...and went back to his desk....there were many other things that went on...until I finally couldn't take him any more. He had absolutely NO respect for women at all. NONE
Back to top Go down
WomansGarden
Family
Family

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-04-05

PostSubject: Re: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 6:02 pm

I had a great job starting out in life as a computer help desk person. My desk was in front of the computer room door. I had a boss that was the CIO of the company and he decided to start cheating on his wife. Then the rumors started around the office about him and the manager of Human Resources. Well, of course I didn't believe the rumors. Day to day the boss would talk to me just as a friend, and one day he showed me books above his desk that were all about divorce. He told me he couldn't leave his wife because she would take the children and all the money. He feared that.

Well, one day I went to work early, at like 6:30am and he was there. He pulled me into that computer room behind my desk and told me his wife was about to call and when I answered it, to tell her that he was with me late the night before. I turned bright red... I didn't want to lie and I didn't want to lose my job. Well, I feel really bad that I did end up lying to her for him, because he begged and looked so sad and because I wanted my job. I should not have lied!

Anyway, his wife, of course, eventually found out about my boss's mistress at work. She asked for divorce and took all his money and the children, just like he predicted. But even worse, a year later, she made photo copies of the divorce decree and mailed every single person in the company a copy of it at their personal HOME address. In the decree, she highlighted the Human Resources manager's name and how he cheated on her with that manager. Needless to say, he lost his job right after that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.womansgarden.com
McDreamyFan
Family
Family
McDreamyFan

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:04 pm

Worst boss story - I worked for a WAH company and my FS was the type who was a bit of a backstabber. She knew how much I needed more hours and wanted to move up in the company so she had me doing all these "tasks" for her that I found out afterwards was her job to do. When I was talking to the HR person I mentioned all the stuff I had been doing and she freaked out. They treated me horribly after that and moved me to another team. I was not invited back to the next project either. Thankfully I found 2 jobs from here and not longer had to return to ** to work.
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 10, 2008 10:19 pm

I worked for an alcoholic, sociopath who wooed me and hired me with the understanding I would have management responsibility for an entire department -- and then proceeded to second-guess/change everything I did once I came on board.

After 5 months of torture I called HIS boss and gave my notice. I didn't even have another job to go to. It was THAT bad.

Last I heard he was running the department himself in addition to his other job because no one would work with him.
Back to top Go down
Bookeesmom
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

PostSubject: Re: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 2:06 am

I worked for a text company no longer in business probably due to this woman. It was a small company with only a few workers. I got an hourly rate because the texts were so slow to come in so when working I would wait and wait and then get a text to answer well, it seems this mod wanted attention so she would without fail ping me to discuss the text I just received while the punter is quietly waiting for my answer. I mean nothing from her until I had some work to do and then she would just harrass the h*ll out of me. She was so strange too. Once she pinged me while I was on and asked for a pic of me. She was in the UK so I sent her a photo of hubby and me and she sent me a pic of her with her boobs showing. I was like WTF! Anyway I just said "nice pic" and she said her boyfriend who was from Iran and hated Americans had made her send me the pic of her and her boobs. What a strange woman this one was.
Then I found another USA person who was working for her and this same mod would ping her and belittle her to no end about what a terrible texter she was and that she was the worst texter she ever saw. This young woman was hurt but stayed because she needed the work. I helped her get on with 2 other companies and she told this strange woman who wanted me to see her boobs that she was quitting. All of a sudden she is getting emails and IM's telling her that she is the best worker she ever had and to please stay with the company. Some people! Whew!
Anyway this company disolved eventually but she was some kind of strange. When they had the bombing in London I emailed her very upset over the possibility that she was hurt because she was in London. She pretty much cursed me out for asking how she was. I was hurt but don't know why I was surprised.
I told another texter about the statement she made about her boyfriend being Persian and hating USA people and they said they knew him and he was a great guy and would be hurt if he knew she was saying this about him. I guess it went along with her sick need for attention to blow something out of proportion to see what I would say which was nothing to that. I mean I do not care if her boyfriend hates Americans. It just shows ignorance in my view. Anyway that was a bad work experience.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worst job/boss ever?   Worst job/boss ever? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Worst job/boss ever?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to the Family :: General Chatter-
Jump to: