Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nintendo Wii

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rodri59
Family
Family

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Nintendo Wii Empty
PostSubject: Nintendo Wii   Nintendo Wii Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 4:46 pm

Ok all you gamers out there, especially ones who have the Wii, I need some good no-nonesense advice...

I am thinking of purchasing a Wii...I know, I know we are totally behind the times; Hubby and I are pushing 50 and have always thought that the Wii was for the "youngins"

Well the more I think about it, the more I think I want one, not so much for the games themselves, but for the advantages that it might afford those of us who are facing advancing age...you know to keep hand/eye coordination, keep mind active, something other then watching TV for passing time, and now with the Wii fit on the market, a new way to exercise.

So for those of you who have experience in the Wii, what would you recommend the first time purchaser purchase, there are lots of options and packages out there depending on what accessories are included.

What accessories etc do you recommend to get us started?

Primarily it will be just my husband and myself using it and probably mostly me, with the wii fit, but I want games we can play together, maybe get competitive with each other? What games would you recommend?

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks

Rodri
Back to top Go down
http://wyldreams.vox.com/
marcsmom
Family
Family

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-08-05

Nintendo Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Wii   Nintendo Wii Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 4:48 pm

I love Wii Sports, I really enjoy the bowling and golf and you and hubby can do both of those together! I dont play often but I do really enjoy it when I get the chance. Dance Dance Revolution can get you pretty fit to!
Back to top Go down
abwentzel
Mafioso
Mafioso

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-06-19

Nintendo Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Wii   Nintendo Wii Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:11 pm

You are not to old, our local newspaper just had an article about nursing home residents that are playing the wii to keep them active. They have even forms teams and they play aganist each other.

I have played the tennis which was fun once I got the hang of serving, bowling is good also.
Back to top Go down
$MoMMy$MoNey$
$MoMMy$MoNey$

Number of posts : 460

Nintendo Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Wii   Nintendo Wii Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:36 pm

Personally, we love the Wii Sports too. The bowling is one of our favorite. The golf and the tennis are both alot of fun too. We also have Dance, Dance Revolution, which is great for leg/eye coordination because you have to move/dance in a rhythmatic pattern reflecting the movements that you see on the television screen. Great work-out too! I have been wanting to get Wii Fit because the fun approach it offers towards exercise. I know you & your hubby will love it...it's a lot of fun! :)
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466

Nintendo Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Wii   Nintendo Wii Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 10:20 pm

Personally I enjoy (and continue to enjoy) the games that come with the basic Wii system. Bowling, tennis, golf, baseball--all of them are lots of fun--and all of them can be played "actively" or like a couch potato. :)

There are so many great games for the system it's hard to say which are "best."

Do you like adventure, racing, puzzles?

My family loves the Zelda series--and you can't beat any of the "Mario" games for fun (and a great exercise in hand/eye coordination!)

You can also purchase "classic" games from the Nintendo series online as well. So if you like games like PacMan, the original Mario games, etc. they may be a great choice.

Good luck and have fun!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Nintendo Wii Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nintendo Wii   Nintendo Wii Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nintendo Wii
Page 1 of 1