Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Baked Chicken Chimichangas

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
RetroGal
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
RetroGal

Number of posts : 130
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Baked Chicken Chimichangas Empty
PostSubject: Baked Chicken Chimichangas   Baked Chicken Chimichangas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 5:32 pm

3 Frozen boneless skinless chicken breasts (kind of frozen because it's easier to cut up)
1 onion, chopped
1 green pepper, chopped
1 sm can of green chilis, chopped (in the international section of your grocery store)
1 pkg of 8 to 10" flour tortillas
Shredded Cheese
Salsa, sour cream, shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, optional

Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Cover your cookie sheet with tin foil and spray with cooking spray.

Fry up the onion and green peppers together in oil or butter and get them to where they are soft.

Cut up the chicken in think narrow strips .. about 1 1/2 inches long. Fry them up too in oil or butter, also add whatever seasonings you want to. I used garlic, pepper, italian seasoning and cilantro.

Put some chicken and onion/pepper mixture in the tortilla (make sure they're moist because they will break if you try folding it) .. sprinkle some of the green chilis in it and put some shredded cheese in it (you can put as much or as little as you want).

Wrap it up like a burrito ... rolling it a little and then foldin the two sides in and then rolling it up the rest of the way.

Repeat until you've used up all the chicken and stuff.

Place on cookie sheet. Spray the top with a cooking spray.

Cook about 8 to 10 minutes on one side and then flip them and cook for another 5 minutes. Remember that everything is cooked, you're putting them in the oven to warm everything back up and melt cheese and make the tortillas crunchy!

When you take them out .. you can cover them with cheese and it will melt nicely on top .. then cover with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, salsa and sour cream .. however you want to do it.

They're also very very good as left overs too!! My entire family put this as their favorite meal I've made so far!!

Good Luck!!

:alien:
Back to top Go down
pinkbutterfly
Mafioso
Mafioso
pinkbutterfly

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Baked Chicken Chimichangas   Baked Chicken Chimichangas Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 6:35 pm

Yummmmmmmmmo ! Thanks I will definitely try this! flower
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Baked Chicken Chimichangas   Baked Chicken Chimichangas Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 6:47 am

Ok this will be dinner for Friday night! thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
LadyCubsFan
Hitman
Hitman
LadyCubsFan

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Baked Chicken Chimichangas   Baked Chicken Chimichangas Icon_minitimeTue May 20, 2008 12:56 pm

Funny my husband mentioned chicken tacos tonight but this sounds better to me especially since it is chilly willy today.
Thanks for the recipe :)
Back to top Go down
catlady
Family
Family
catlady

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-05-07

PostSubject: Re: Baked Chicken Chimichangas   Baked Chicken Chimichangas Icon_minitimeSat May 24, 2008 3:12 pm

Oh this sounds so good. Thanks for sharing :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baked Chicken Chimichangas   Baked Chicken Chimichangas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baked Chicken Chimichangas
Page 1 of 1