Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Orleans/Southern States

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
SharonM3
Family
Family

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-08-13

New Orleans/Southern States Empty
PostSubject: New Orleans/Southern States   New Orleans/Southern States Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:16 pm

My thoughts and prayers to all my NO and Southern States sisters and brothers.
Please stay safe!

Sharon
Back to top Go down
abwentzel
Mafioso
Mafioso

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: New Orleans/Southern States   New Orleans/Southern States Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 1:36 pm

I hope everyone is safe this morning. I will be thinking of all of you.
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: New Orleans/Southern States   New Orleans/Southern States Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:13 pm

I haven't followed this as closely as I wanted but I do see it is weakening fast and that is good news for our friends and family in the affected areas. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all.
Back to top Go down
2wheeldiva
Family
Family

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: New Orleans/Southern States   New Orleans/Southern States Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:36 am

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers! We weren't expecting to get hit but you can never tell what Mother Nature has in mind....so needless to say our area was not prepared we were helping those in the New Orleans area get ready. The parish I live in (East Baton Rouge also the state capital) sustained winds of 91 mph and the 92% of parish residents have been without electricity since Monday. I have 3 holes in my roof where limbs hit...much better off than my neighbor who has an old oak tree seperating her house. I am able to get the internet thanks to an air card and now since we have a generator (that I waited in line for 3 hours for and another 4 hours for gas) we can actually turn the thing on. We hoped to have had power by this evening.....still crossing our fingers but it doesn't look good for the home team. Please continue to include us in your prayers and hey could you also ask for a cold front to come through.....lol!

Hanging in,
Dawn
Back to top Go down
SharonM3
Family
Family

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: New Orleans/Southern States   New Orleans/Southern States Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 11:09 pm

I hear ya on the cold front. lol

My thoughts and prayers remain with you and all that have suffered damage! hang in there
Back to top Go down
lowery1101
Family
Family
lowery1101

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-05

PostSubject: Re: New Orleans/Southern States   New Orleans/Southern States Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 2:32 am

2wheeldiva, I'm so glad you and yours are safe. Hopefully you will get power restored soon. My son lives just south of you in Gonzales...I still havent heard from him. He only has a cell phone so I'm wondering if all the towers are out.

...............praying for a phone call.....AND a cold front ;)
Back to top Go down
2wheeldiva
Family
Family

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: New Orleans/Southern States   New Orleans/Southern States Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:00 am

YEAH!!!! Power came back on this afternoon! It took me 4 hours to clean my house and I am still washing clothes! We just watched the news and Ike is headed our way and all I can think about is darn it I just mopped my floors...lol! Sharon-Thanks for your encouragement!

Lowery1101 where in Gonzales does he live? If you give me a street I can try to reach a few friends in that area and try to get you some info...and if you are really worried I will even drive out to his home for you. They were hit pretty good and still have alot of power outages and cell service is horrible. If he is an entergy customer you can go on www.entergy.com then click the link to view outages (choose Entergy Louisiana) you will be able to see if he has power and if not when he should get it. If he is a Demco customer thier spokesperson was on the news tonight and said they are concentrating heavily in Ascension parish and have seen a great increase in thier customers getting power tonight. Let me know if I can do anything for you.....I am serious I have no problem running to Gonzales for you. Also check www.wjbo.com and www.wafb.com they have information that may shed some light for you as well. I will keep him in my prayers.
Dawn
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Orleans/Southern States   New Orleans/Southern States Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Orleans/Southern States
Page 1 of 1