Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house?

Go down 
+4
AimeeP
Godslittlegirl
SharonM3
Mafia Princess
8 posters

Yes.. today!!!!
Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Vote_lcap31%Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Vote_rcap
 31% [ 4 ]
Don't tempt me
Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Vote_lcap23%Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
Yes I have
Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Vote_lcap23%Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Vote_rcap
 23% [ 3 ]
No
Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Vote_lcap0%Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
It wouldn't make a difference
Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Vote_lcap0%Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
I'd have to clean up more then
 23% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Back

AuthorMessage
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Empty
PostSubject: Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house?   Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 3:09 pm

As a wah sometimes we get overwhelmed and may not get the support at home that we need. I've considered just not doing anything to see how long that would last. Wondered if others feel the same way.
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house?   Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 4:30 pm

I surely am not the only one that wants to make hubby and/or the kids clean and leave me alone to do my thing LOL
Back to top Go down
SharonM3
Family
Family

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house?   Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 5:25 pm

So funny you posted this. I was just thinking this last evening.
Strike! Strike! Strke!
Back to top Go down
Godslittlegirl
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house?   Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 6:20 pm

Okay...here we go...you know this is a touchy subject! LOL

I actually went on strike before. Had my sign and every thing. I was stepping over stuff right along with everybody else. IT WAS KILLING ME. I think it made me even more mad when I realized how comfortable they were becoming. It seemed like the more mess that I left around...the more comfortable they got. I left the laundry on the couch...they picked out what they wanted to wear, and laid on the rest to watch tv. #%&!

What type of crazy people do that! My hubby had piles of clothes from each day.....in neat little piles.....I thought he was planning to wear them again....I don't put it past him.....The dishes were all piled up...I caught my son pour juice into a measuring container to drink....COME ON...it was like they were just adapting to their new environment. Let me mention I have three BOYS and a HUSBAND...That makes FOUR KIDS...all male! OKAY.......I Lost it.....

I think the only thing I accomplished by going on strike was the knowledge that they are better than me....because I snap......and they adapt.

Wont try that one again. So, I put down my picket sign, and picked up my dishcloth! leaving
Back to top Go down
AimeeP
Mafioso
Mafioso
AimeeP

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-05-14

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house?   Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:03 pm

I feel your pain Godslittlegirl, but your story is too funny. Boys will be boys, I guess. Did you ever think that maybe they all sat down and said we gotta take down mom, let's see how long her little strike lasts if we make it all lovely and messy in here...? If they did, that is just wrong and also as funny!!! geek
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house?   Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 7:30 pm

I have been doing less and less of his laundry.. soon he will be without underwear.. My diabolical plan is working
Back to top Go down
mamaof2
Family
Family

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house?   Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 03, 2008 9:50 pm

I did it once too. But it worked. I stopped everything. Just got tired of doing it all and working at home. I decide not far if I had a job outside of the home I sure would expect to get help. I told my husband if he did not start to help I would stop doing things for him I was on strike. Well after a week of dinner out of a can or cold cereal with no forks or spoons and not a clean sock of my husbands to be found ( guys can't just go without socks like we can )he got the hint I was not joking. From that day on I always get help most of the time with out even asking .
Back to top Go down
bigjenn26
Family
Family

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house?   Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 2:29 pm

i feel like there is no appreciation for everything that i do
Back to top Go down
queenbeeme2002
Hitman
Hitman
queenbeeme2002

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house?   Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 3:21 pm

I think I am on one now..... lol I am totally fed up!

Melissa

Soap Box
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house?   Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 05, 2008 4:06 pm

I had my strike planned up until the drywall on the ceiling cracked and water began running all over the dining room.
Back to top Go down
Payton
Family
Family

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-09-08

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house?   Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 08, 2008 3:41 am

Oh yes but I have found that when I do I get even more mad, because they still do nothing and I have a even bigger mess to do alone after.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house?   Have you ever wanted to go on strike around the house? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1