Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I Find it hard to blog

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Poppet
Family
Family

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-14

I Find it hard to blog Empty
PostSubject: I Find it hard to blog   I Find it hard to blog Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 8:12 pm

I have a blog on our site www.psychic-wisdom.net, but MAN, I find it hard to blog....I get stage fright, I think. How do you bloggers get over that?

I also think that one of my problems is that while I am kinda "new agey", I am not what some would call a "fluffy bunny" with it.

I am very spiritual, and some would actually call me religious (and I am), but I don't see the world all "love and light" as some expect those that are in our business to be.

In other words, I am very aware that there is light and dark in life and I actually feel that there has to be. It has always been there and it is "needed" (for lack of a better term), for the balance.....yin and yang, if you will.

So yeah, sometimes it is hard to address the news and justice, and for that I feel stifled or that I censor myself and it keeps me from blogging.....

Can anyone relate?
Back to top Go down
http://psychic-wisdom.net
rodri59
Family
Family

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: I Find it hard to blog   I Find it hard to blog Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:07 pm

Poppet

If I am reading you right, you are saying that you are a bit gun shy about approaching the controversy of your spirituality?

If that is what is holding you back, I say just do it!

Today, with millions of blogs vying for attention on the internet, the ones that have some controversy are the ones that get read. Pick one topic per day or week or however you plan to blog and just go with it. Pick the topics that get YOUR interest...if you are not really that jazzed on a topic, your readers are going to know you are "frauding" it and probably give a big yawn and move on to the next blog. Be open, be human, keep the big words to a minimum. I once read a professional bloggers tips to good blogging and he said that for a successful blog you should keep words over 3 syllabols to a minimum. Be passionate and BE controversial. It shouldn't read like a technical manual. I also like to provide links in my blog posts, to offer the reader a way to research what I might be saying themselves.

When I blog I don't even think about who might be reading me, I just blog like I would put an entry in a diary. I write it with passion and feeling and intimacy. And one other tip, always answer any comments made. Makes the readers feel as though you are not just throwing things up and then moving on to the next topic, that you care about who might take the time to read your blog. A sense of humour is also a great way to draw readers.

I dunno if this helps, but its a start.

I wish you luck

Pam
Back to top Go down
http://wyldreams.vox.com/
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: I Find it hard to blog   I Find it hard to blog Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 3:11 pm

Personally I see blogs as a great way to vent, educate and more. I have written things in my blogs that were not popular but they were how I felt and they showed others many things they were not aware of.

Do what you believe in. If you are spiritual, share that. You may touch a need in someone that is searching.
Back to top Go down
Poppet
Family
Family

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: I Find it hard to blog   I Find it hard to blog Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 7:02 am

I heart you Pam and Mafia!

Thank you so much.......you both really helped!

Very cool!

XO
Back to top Go down
http://psychic-wisdom.net
rodri59
Family
Family

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: I Find it hard to blog   I Find it hard to blog Icon_minitimeFri May 16, 2008 10:38 pm

You are more then welcome Poppet. Happy blogging :heart:
Back to top Go down
http://wyldreams.vox.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I Find it hard to blog   I Find it hard to blog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Find it hard to blog
Page 1 of 1