Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How are you handling the price of gas?

Go down 
+5
RetroGal
pinkbutterfly
kathyest
JessieNJoe
Mafia Princess
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

How are you handling the price of gas? Empty
PostSubject: How are you handling the price of gas?   How are you handling the price of gas? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 4:34 pm

Besides working at home, what are you doing to save money on gas? I just went out and it was $3.39 and I made a comment (derogatory) about what it felt like.. hahaha
Back to top Go down
JessieNJoe
Family
Family

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: How are you handling the price of gas?   How are you handling the price of gas? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 8:48 pm

We just stay home, watch free movies on Comcast. Spend alot of time planning my garden for this summer. Go to the store one day a week, no short trips anywhere.
Back to top Go down
kathyest
Hitman
Hitman
kathyest

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: How are you handling the price of gas?   How are you handling the price of gas? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 4:34 pm

I know gas prices are so bad right now..... I usually stick close to home and only go out when I have more than one place to go, so I can do it all at once....
Back to top Go down
http://www.iexfuze.net/k777
pinkbutterfly
Mafioso
Mafioso
pinkbutterfly

Number of posts : 251

PostSubject: Re: How are you handling the price of gas?   How are you handling the price of gas? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 5:29 am

Work from Home....LOL....seriously, my hubby drives 60 miles a day to work and back and the gas prices are killing us!
Back to top Go down
RetroGal
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
RetroGal

Number of posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: How are you handling the price of gas?   How are you handling the price of gas? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 4:40 pm

It's been very very hard ... we only get like $10 at a time here ... we have two vehicles and contemplated selling 1 .,.. but that is just too hard to try to live off of 1 vehicle when you have 3 kids and stuff!

:alien:
Back to top Go down
JessieNJoe
Family
Family

PostSubject: Re: How are you handling the price of gas?   How are you handling the price of gas? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 29, 2008 7:04 pm

Don't laugh but I pulled my bike out of storage and ride it to the store for short trips for small stuff. Good thing is I have lost a pant's size so far.
Back to top Go down
Sara
Hitman
Hitman

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2008-04-19

PostSubject: Re: How are you handling the price of gas?   How are you handling the price of gas? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 7:07 am

Gas has hit a all time high here in WV, it is currently $ 3.65 a gallon. We seem to be having trouble adjusting. We are used to taking long drives just to see where the road will take us--can't afford to do that now!

I'm trying to find an at-home job. I haven't followed up on anything off this site, yet. I have found several that I am interested in, so I hope to have good luck on this, and it will help a little with the pressure of gas prices.

Everyone have a blessed day!
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: How are you handling the price of gas?   How are you handling the price of gas? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 12:12 pm

Wow Sara!!! I thought our gas prices were high here in Charleston.... 3.50

We don't get out much...that's for sure....like I ever did anyway...lol
Back to top Go down
emartin74
Family
Family

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: How are you handling the price of gas?   How are you handling the price of gas? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 3:36 pm

Yikes Pinkbutterfly - I guess I'm lucky - Kevin only has to drive about 4 or 5 miles to work one way - and we have one car, a 1994 Buick Regal that still gets pretty good gas mileage, while th truck, which is a lot newer (2006 or 2007) doesn't get as good gas mileage. JessieNJoe - great idea on pulling the bike out! Good for short trips *and* it's helping you lose a little weight!
Back to top Go down
emartin74
Family
Family

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: How are you handling the price of gas?   How are you handling the price of gas? Icon_minitimeSat Apr 19, 2008 3:37 pm

Sara - good luck finding an at-home job! I've been working from home since 2003 myself and I love it.

Erica
Back to top Go down
SandyF
Family
Family

PostSubject: Re: How are you handling the price of gas?   How are you handling the price of gas? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 23, 2008 2:16 am

I drive 25 miles each way and gas is $3.50 a gallon here. I put about $15 at a time, and I drive a Cavalier. My son has an Olds 98, which isn't real great on gas and I've been giving him money for gas..until now! Whoo hoo! He got a job he actually likes and plans to stay with for a while! If nothing else, it will keep him in gas money.

I would vote for Satan himself for president if he'd return us to a normal economy with normal prices for things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How are you handling the price of gas?   How are you handling the price of gas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How are you handling the price of gas?
Page 1 of 1