Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???

Go down 
+9
Bookeesmom
Hickory5
Pink2KPrincessCut
Godslittlegirl
Biblet
lilbirdblue
sophie1
Mafia Princess
clmclb5
13 posters
AuthorMessage
clmclb5
Hitman
Hitman
clmclb5

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Empty
PostSubject: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:12 pm

It used to be a moot point and I would never include gas in our budget because it was a given. Well needless to say now that the prices have skyrocketed...sadly it's the second thing on my list after the mortgage and before food.

Don't even get me started on food prices!!! :x

I don't even go anywhere during the week anymore cause it's so darn expensive. :cry:

My DH is commuting 70mi r/t to work each day sometimes more depending on traffic. So we are spending over $600/mo :pale: :no:

What about you?
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:21 pm

I don't know how people will be able to afford to drive if prices keep going up
Back to top Go down
sophie1
Family
Family

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:28 pm

I had to quit my part-time job, paper route, because of the high gas prices. :(
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:32 pm

OH MY!!! I understand the commute thing my hubby use to commute, 50miles away.
We are fortunate now and he only works a couple of miles away. I never get to go anywhere anymore :(
We went to the store yesterday and gas was at 4.09 a gallon!!! And I was on E!!! We now buy our gas at Kroger because they give a discount to people who buy a certain amount of groceries...and of course we are spending a ton on them too!
This really bites!!
Back to top Go down
clmclb5
Hitman
Hitman
clmclb5

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:42 pm

We go to gasprices.com to check what the lowest price in our area is.

We are at 3.75/gallon so we are thankfully better off than others. I
know 4/gallon is right around the corner...

DH used to jokingly say he wanted a bike but now he is seriously looking into buying a motorcycle/scooter in the coming weeks!! I'll be even more stressed then.:affraid:
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:56 pm

I have been riding my bike little short trips
Back to top Go down
clmclb5
Hitman
Hitman
clmclb5

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 5:17 pm

That's good MP. Your'e helping the environment and getting excercise.
Good 4 you. Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Happy0034
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 5:18 pm

Yeah but I feel really self conscious since I'm not a little gal.
Back to top Go down
clmclb5
Hitman
Hitman
clmclb5

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 5:32 pm

Oh MP I'm sure you're just fine.;) We're all self-conscious...well at least I am LOL. Laughing

I wish I could ride a bike to run some errands. There's a shopping center less than 5 minutes away driving but I'd get run over for sure if I ever tried to ride a bike there! LOL
Back to top Go down
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 5:39 pm

My DH is seriously considering quitting his job and getting a WAHJ soon too, especially when I begin college again this fall. There's no reason to keep paying those prices for gas when there's other options nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:11 pm

I think we all need to start riding the bus. I just went by the bus stop and there was a crowd of people there. never seen more then 2 before
Back to top Go down
Godslittlegirl
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 158

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 7:58 pm

I can tell you this.....I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy that the FEDS finally decided to investigate this high gas price crap. Because, there are a few people out there making an awful lot of money off of us poor struggling folks.

It makes me so mad! :(
I think Greed just runs our country sometimes!
Back to top Go down
Pink2KPrincessCut

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 4:41 am

Mafia Princess wrote:
I think we all need to start riding the bus. I just went by the bus stop and there was a crowd of people there. never seen more then 2 before

Thats true. I'm just too impatient for the buses. The CTA is never on time and the suburban buses run every 30 minutes to an hour so if you are running late for one, you are SOL. But if the gas prices don't decrease, I will invest in another bicycle. LOL, then I can lose a couple pounds and get where I'm going.
Back to top Go down
Hickory5
Family
Family

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:28 pm

My husband is also looking for a wahj...although he's been looking even before gas prices, but it's even more important now. Unfortunately, we live in a very small village. We don't even have a grocery store. So, we really can't bike anywhere to get stuff as it takes 30 minutes just to drive anywhere. We of course have no public transportation either...so just to get to a bus station would mean driving 1/2 hour...which defeats the whole purpose.

I irony is that we chose this tiny village BECAUSE it was inexpensive yet very nice...and now we're paying through the nose in gas because there's nothing here. Grrr. :evil:
Back to top Go down
Bookeesmom
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:59 pm

My husband has put in for a job that trains a few weeks and then he would be working at home. I just pray he gets it. It would be so nice to have him here and not on the road driving in all this crazy traffic and paying so much money for gas.
I really do not know what is going to happen if something doesn't give with the prices of gas, groceries, etc.
Back to top Go down
flobbypooh
Family
Family
flobbypooh

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2008-04-22

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:22 pm

My husband commutes about 70 miles per day back and forth to work. Last month the gas bill for both our trucks hit $700. I'm just trying to be a hermit now and not leave the house. We aren't close enough to anything to ride a bike, so I just really limit my trips, or have him pick up what we need on his way home from work.
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 1:24 pm

We are actually househunting for a place closer to Jeff's job to cut down on this commute now.
Back to top Go down
LadyCubsFan
Hitman
Hitman
LadyCubsFan

Number of posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 4:00 pm

Gas prices are 4 bucks a gallon here and heating oil, if you lock in now(purchase 100 or more gallons) is over 5 bucks a gallon-I can tell you during a cold winter it is not unusual to go through 100 gals a week if you have a decent size home. I don't know how people are going to survive here next winter-No way with the average earnings in Maine are the folks going to be able to do it. Scares the hell out of me for folks-I live in a very small, cheap place and it is still hard to pay for everything during the winter months. Food is going up at an alarming rate and of course it is all related to gas prices. Time for Americans to smarten the heck up and take back some control or we are going to be in mess like most of us have never seen. Just my two cents
Back to top Go down
Poppet
Family
Family

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 5:14 pm

We both work from home at present so that is a blessing.....unfortunately we live quite rurally, so to go any where, even the store is a trip in and of itself.

Gas has topped here this weekend at $4.10 a gallon.

We are totally freaking out about this winter. Our home is a large 171 year old farmhouse that we have been renovating. OIL heat, with no gas lines out here, so the choice is oil or switching over to propane....not going to happen.

We looked into geothermal, which is actually what we want to do, but at a cost of $47,000 at last quote, yeah, that is going to have to wait awhile.

We don't know what to do.
Back to top Go down
http://psychic-wisdom.net
nanie
Family
Family

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-06-02

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:16 pm

The gas prices is eating my DH pay check up ,he does construction work and travels 60miles to and from the job sites needless to say even with me working we are barely making it any saving is being spent in gas and the extra prices of everything else :cry:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???   Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is anyone else feeling the gas price blues???
Page 1 of 1