Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which blog site do you recommend?

Go down 
+10
Poppet
Orrymain
rodri59
Mafia Princess
PokerQueen
emartin74
Audrey
Ravish30
Wah4mykids
kathyest
14 posters
AuthorMessage

Which blog site do you recommend? Empty
PostSubject: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 2:40 pm

I am looking to bring my blog up again but want a site with more options.
Back to top Go down
kathyest
Hitman
Hitman
kathyest

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-03-15

PostSubject: Re: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 4:43 pm

I don't know much about it, I would love to learn more about blogs..... There seems to be quite a bit of WAH jobs that need bloggers.

Sounds interesting!!!!! Let us know if you find a good site with more options.... flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.iexfuze.net/k777
Wah4mykids
Hitman
Hitman
Wah4mykids

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2008-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 18, 2008 2:36 pm

After what happened to you on your last blog, why would you want to have one again?? That was unreal.
Back to top Go down
Ravish30
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 245
Registration date : 2008-03-11

PostSubject: Re: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 2:52 am

I personally use blogger and it meets and suits my blogging needs :)
Back to top Go down
http://my.tupperware.com/Ravish30
Audrey
Family
Family

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 19, 2008 2:57 am

I too use blogger.com for both of my blogs and am quite happy with it.
Back to top Go down
http://my.tupperware.com/audreyoka
emartin74
Family
Family

Number of posts : 36
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 1:11 pm

Personally I like Xanga - I've had a blog there for about two years now. Only bad thing about it is the only people that can read it are other Xanga members.
Back to top Go down
PokerQueen
Family
Family
PokerQueen

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:35 am

I have never blogged.? But I've read alot of different blog's, and it seems like something fun and interesting to do. Any suggestions on how to start a blog or become a blogger ?
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 2:09 am

I would suggest a simple to use one like blogspot or blogger.
Back to top Go down
rodri59
Family
Family

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 3:44 pm

Blogger (or Blogspot) is good . I just don't like to feed the monster that is google, so I use VOX, the problem with VOX, is you need to be a member in order to comment on anyone's blog. Thanks goodness I have some diehard followers who joined just to comment. These are all good for the hobby bloggers...if you want to get more variety and learn more to enter the professional arena, WordPress is a good one. But be forewarned it is not for the faint of heart and takes some work to understand and get proficient at it YMMV :)Type Pad is another, but you pay and it is more for the profesionals Vox and are Type Pad both owned by 6part.

P
Back to top Go down
http://wyldreams.vox.com/
PokerQueen
Family
Family
PokerQueen

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-21

PostSubject: Re: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 3:48 pm

Thanx you guys. I will check it out.
Back to top Go down
Orrymain
Family
Family
Orrymain

Number of posts : 49
Registration date : 2008-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:12 am

[b]I'm actually new to blogging, too. I ended up at blogspot. I just wanted a place to try and get referrals for the places I use, and this was a way that was recommended to me. At the same time, it's just a way to chat about things. Maybe it's therapeutic. I have no idea who is reading it or why. lol -- but it's there, and it's growing a bit. I used to wonder who the heck would care what I had to say about anything. Anywho -- good luck to us all!
Back to top Go down
Poppet
Family
Family

Number of posts : 40
Registration date : 2008-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitimeFri Jul 04, 2008 6:14 pm

I use Wordpress and I love it:)
Back to top Go down
http://psychic-wisdom.net
wahmintn
Family
Family

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-06-30

PostSubject: Re: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 07, 2008 4:27 pm

I think which site to use depends on what you plan on doing with your site. Supposeduly WordPress doesn't want you to make money off your blog if you host it there. But it you really like blogging I'd suggest you get your own domain anyways.

I had my first blog at WordPress, just using a basic template, which I later transferred to my own domain. Then when I was no longer seeking clients for it I dropped it.

I had an idea for something new, had a cute graphic set up by a lady who could only do blogger not wordpress - I've tried messing with it, but don't like blogger as much.

I've got 3 blogs I'm trying to get going now (you can find them all from my sig below). I know it's too much. They are all free wordpress templates. I just like wordpress better. I find it's easier to find information for how to do things too.
Back to top Go down
http://www.KnoxWahm.com
writermomichele
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 2:23 am

I have four blogs on Blogger and I really love it. It's really easy to use and they now have a feature where you can schedule (or back-date) posts. It's great.
Back to top Go down
http://moneysavingwahm.blogspot.com
CashCowOwner
Family
Family

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 3:37 am

I personally use blogspot as well,but I'm new to the blogging myself I just never had time. However, now I use it to vent about the daily trials of running my business; as well as some self promoting.

It's mainly for entertainment purposes lol!

Here's my blog: http://cashcowchaching.blogspot.com/

I'm going to trying to improve it and really get it out there... I just don't have anytime would love to speak with anyone who has a real firm grip on this blogging thing and could give some great advice.

Thanks a bunch!
Melissa
Back to top Go down
http://www.cashcowchaching.com
jainieg
Family
Family

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-05-08

PostSubject: Re: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 10:07 pm

For my personal blog(s), I have one over at Livejournal that I've had for... ohhh, seven years, now. With the sale of LJ to a Russian-owned corp, though, and their community care going down the tubes, I went to Insane Journal and bought myself a permanent account over there when they were having a sale. IJ doesn't have as monstrously huge a user base as LJ (and the layout is kinda fugly), but I kinda like that - not as many server issues and they really do care about their users (kinda like LJ used to). I also have a fanfiction journal that I've been using for about two years and I cloned that one over to IJ also, given Livejournal's penchant for picking on fanartists (meh!).

As for my new 'pro' journal, I'm using Blogger. It's nothing too fancy or fussy, but it gets the job done. It's kinda like a 'work' desk versus the desk you have at home (my IJ/LJs).

Plus, over at AdultMaven, they encourage you to do blogs (they have a blogging system already in place over at the site, I think, so you don't have to open a separate blog elsewhere) to draw more traffic to your reviews - and I know I need to get off my bum and start posting over there.

... I never realized until now just how many blogs I actually have! XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which blog site do you recommend?   Which blog site do you recommend? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Which blog site do you recommend?
Page 1 of 1