Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs

Go down 
+5
abwentzel
Godslittlegirl
Pink2KPrincessCut
Mafia Princess
vannahmom
9 posters
AuthorMessage
vannahmom
Hitman
Hitman

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-06-01

when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs Empty
PostSubject: when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs   when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:01 pm

I know this is a weird topic. But when should you feel like your have enough jobs. I still come here a couple times a day and look for jobs. I think i am addicted. I have 3-4 part time jobs and really should be happy. Here is what I have as far as jobs in a week. I do data entry 15-20 hours a week,. I do texting 15-20 hours a week. I do boomertowne, I am now a hud inspector 1 day a month and I do a government phone job from Sept-May. I think i should quit looking and be set. My money really goes for food and gas. But i still come here and look. I am happy with my jobs and probally could not handle anymore but i still look. I even took a new position maybe for a clinical recruiter. I think I have a job problem. Help im addicted. but I love coming on here. There are so many jobs out there i am always looking . Am i the only one out there
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs   when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:08 pm

I think the big issue is that jobs are so hard to find and to keep that we all want multiple eggs so if one cuts back then our income stays the same.
Back to top Go down
Pink2KPrincessCut

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs   when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:08 pm

I think that since Wahj are so flaky and the competition is so stiff, that it is hard to get totally comfortable.

Many of us have worked for companies that have "laid people off" at a moments whim so we have the mindset to try to always be prepared.

So to answer your question........I don't know when you stop looking, because I've never had a wahj where I felt ABSOLUTELY comfortable and secure in my position. **shrugs**
Back to top Go down
vannahmom
Hitman
Hitman

Number of posts : 83
Registration date : 2008-06-01

PostSubject: Re: when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs   when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 9:16 pm

ok well it is not just me. I guess i keep so many because only 1 of them I know exactly how much i will get paid everyweek. the others one are iffy based on how busy so if i ever find one that is permanent pay and benefits. So keep adding to the list
Back to top Go down
Godslittlegirl
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 158
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs   when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 10:17 pm

When you find that one egg that hatches a
1. Decent income
2. Stable Organization providing you with job stability
3. Great Benefits
4. You are happy with your job

Then...I think you can...not stop....but at least slow down.
Laughing
Back to top Go down
abwentzel
Mafioso
Mafioso

Number of posts : 302
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs   when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 1:21 am

I think many of us are on here a few times a day to see what new leads have been posted. It nevers hurts to always keep you eye open for something better or just another egg.
Back to top Go down
writermomichele
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs   when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:23 am

I guess you quit looking either when you have enough or you have taken on all you can do! :)
Back to top Go down
http://moneysavingwahm.blogspot.com
Nhadyia
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
Nhadyia

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-06-24

PostSubject: Re: when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs   when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 7:13 am

My basket is currently full, but I am always on here looking. There are a lot of jobs/companies posted that I have an interest in and may apply to in the future. I note these on a bige ole spreadsheet for easy access.
You never know when your current WAH job or one of them will disappear, so its always a comfort to know that you have a basketful of cherries nearby to choose from if needs be.
Back to top Go down
marcsmom
Family
Family

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs   when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 12:38 pm

Thats a great question, right now I have 3 and I still keep looking. Never ending cycle of looking for the next best thing I suppose!
Back to top Go down
nika4angels
Family
Family
nika4angels

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-05

PostSubject: Re: when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs   when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 1:57 pm

I don't think I every start looking, I had 3 eggs but one is slow so now I have two, but just was hired today with a job with benefits and 401k, but I still not going to give up my other eggs for just in case something happens.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs   when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

when do you stop looking for eggs/jobs
Page 1 of 1