Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches

Go down 
+6
tdsj
Zen08
oneneaner
writermomichele
Spinelli
Mafia Princess
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches Empty
PostSubject: Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches   Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 9:32 pm

I have had the worst headache since last night. I know I need new glasses and think that might be 1/2 the problem. So looking for home remedies since I have to watch what I take meds wise.
Back to top Go down
Spinelli
Family
Family

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-08-01

PostSubject: Re: Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches   Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:32 pm

Oh MF, I feel your pain. I too have severe migraines and I can't take the migraine meds. I have heard that placing a banana peel on your forehead can help, but I've never actually tried it. I would think you should lie down in a dark room and try that one. I have used Head-On, and that sometimes helps. The best thing I have found though is to lie down and try to totally relax my body and let my husband rub my head. I think some of the pain involved is a direct result of all the tension in your muscles that builds more and more the longer your head hurts. My sister will take 4 Advil and a caffeine pill and that usually helps her. The best thing I think is to just CLOSE your eyes. Oh! I almost forgot this one: Sometimes I'll get in a really hot bath, wash my face and my hair with really warm water, and then lay back and relax and soak with an icepack on my head. I hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by Spinelli on Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : thought of something...and a typo, yikes!)
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches   Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:39 pm

A typo?? LOL. We won't beat you for typos here lol!

I took a tylenol pm and laid in a dark room with a cold wash cloth over my eyes.. slept a bit but I feel groggy now and still have the headache.
Back to top Go down
Spinelli
Family
Family

PostSubject: Re: Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches   Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:06 pm

Just as long as you don't do what I do....sit there grinding your teeth pissed off because you'll never accomplish ANYthing with a headache! : $%&#! :
Maybe when you wake up in the morning it will be long gone. hang in there
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches   Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:16 pm

Yeah I think it might be me just sitting here looking at the screen thinking of all the stuff I need to do. I think I need to "unplug from the matrix" for a while  office smileys
Back to top Go down
Spinelli
Family
Family

PostSubject: Re: Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches   Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 11:21 pm

Mafia Princess wrote:
Yeah I think it might be me just sitting here looking at the screen thinking of all the stuff I need to do. I think I need to "unplug from the matrix" for a while  office smileys
Yes...you work hard, take a break, you deserve it!
Want me to take names while you're gone? lol :worship:
Back to top Go down
writermomichele
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches   Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 3:48 pm

Goodness, I hate you aren't feeling well. I don't get migraines but sometimes I do get a killer headache, like today. The best thing for me is a couple of cups of coffee, some pain relieving cream, and if it's really bad, a big ibuprofen.
Back to top Go down
http://moneysavingwahm.blogspot.com
oneneaner
Family
Family

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches   Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 3:34 pm

I have suffered from migraines since I was a teenager. I take two Excedrin Migraine. They are the same ingredients as the prescription meds that my Dr. used to give me just lower dose I think. But they work great for me. I also take a wash cloth and run in under hot water. The hotter the better and put in on my sinus areas. I do this about five or six times to loosen up any sinus pressure. Once I feel a little relief ,I place an ice pack or wet wash cloth that I put in the freezer for a few minutes on my face. This works pretty well even if it's not a sinus headache because it helps relieve any slight pressure there and shrinks things back down. I sometimes have to repeat the process once or twice. Then lay down with the cold one on my face. I can totally eliminate most of my migraines with this in about 20-30 minutes and get back up and actually do a few things. Can run laps but I can fold laundry or simple tasks and feel fine. If I try just over the counter meds or laying down without the whole "trick" I will end up sick, on the floor crawling to the bathroom and throw up for hours until I finally fall into bed.
Back to top Go down
Zen08
Family
Family

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-26

PostSubject: Re: Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches   Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 6:46 pm

Yep I usually do the lie in a dark room remedy with a cool cloth. I also massage my forehead and temples with a little lavender oil, that seems to help. Also you spend so much time on the computer taking a break every hour and letting your eyes rest for about 5 minutes and getting glasses specifically for use on the computer. Those are supposed to help. I am a tylenol fanatic but oddly enough it never seems to help with headaches, Benadryl really seems to kick butt though.

Good luck.
Back to top Go down
tdsj
Family
Family

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-05-15

PostSubject: Re: Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches   Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 12:31 am

As soon as I feel one coming on, I take 2 Exedrin Migraine and that does it. Oddly enough coffee makes it ALOT worse so I skip it on migraine days, although the medicine has caffine in it. The key for me is to take the Exedrin early enough, if I let it get too bad and then take it the headache will be lessened, but not the other symptom of nausea that I get. I am not sensitive to light when I have a migraine, but my head is warm, so I use a cold pack. My most common trigger is my monthly cycle. Hope you are feeling better!
Back to top Go down
looking4more
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
looking4more

Number of posts : 151
Registration date : 2008-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches   Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 1:39 am

I get them about once a month for some reason to the point of crying
The best thing for me that really always helps is drink lots of water the more the better and take a hot bath no starting at small print on a book or mag in the bath though just a hot relaxing bath. hope that helps ya some
Back to top Go down
shorty
Family
Family

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-07-20

PostSubject: migraines   Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 3:01 am

first have your eyes checked. another thing that helps wit migranes is wear a magnetic necklace. i have sold alot of them for people that have migraines and it has helped them.
Back to top Go down
queenbeeme2002
Hitman
Hitman
queenbeeme2002

Number of posts : 77

PostSubject: Re: Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches   Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 8:46 pm

Oh I wished something worked for me on them! I just went to the doctor yesterday because mine are getting worse. Usually I just get one that lasts 2-3 days but gets better. Then for the last month plus I have had recurrent ones (even the ones with the freaky 'auras'.) Turns out I have a combo migraine and tension headache. So, now they have me on like 4 different meds to get rid of them. UGH UGH UGH. Well at least these meds don't make me feel like I am having a heart attack like the Imitrex did...Only extremely tired now, but the headaches are lessening so YAY!
Back to top Go down
2wheeldiva
Family
Family

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches   Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:16 am

I have had migraines for as long as I can remember. I hate the "freaky auras" or I will get tunnel vision. I take topamax now and haven't had one for almost 6 months....hold on I am knocking on wood. Did you know they are hereditary? Most people inherit money or property from thier family....I got migraines. So not to be outdone by my grandmother and mother I passed it along to both of my children...they are so not happy about that but hey at least they will always have something to remember me by ( I know I have a weird sense of humor). I tried the excederain migraine and it was wonderful, lying down in complete darkness and I hate to say it but once I throw up it's gone...I just feel so tired afterwards that I need to sleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches   Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for home remedies for migraine/headaches
Page 1 of 1