Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Losing some weight

Go down 
+9
Pink2KPrincessCut
angeltimes3
Mafia Princess
$MoMMy$MoNey$
ebonidimplz
lilbirdblue
RetroGal
doribird
pinkbutterfly
13 posters
AuthorMessage
pinkbutterfly
Mafioso
Mafioso
pinkbutterfly

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 11:20 pm

I have tried the slimfast program and it did not help. My main problem is that I truly love to cook and eat......I really need to lose about 40 pounds, but I do not have a lot of willpower.... :no:
Back to top Go down
doribird
Family
Family
doribird

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-03-11

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 11:52 pm

I have found The "YOU" books very helpful, especially "YOU on a Diet"
There is lots of info about healthy eating, easy exercises, as well as great recipes. If you don't want to pay $20 for the book, the library usually has it available.
Back to top Go down
pinkbutterfly
Mafioso
Mafioso
pinkbutterfly

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:17 am

Thanks....thats a good idea....
Back to top Go down
RetroGal
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
RetroGal

Number of posts : 130

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 4:49 pm

I have tried everything as well ... and once again .. will power is my problem. You would think being over 50 pounds overweight (and more) that would be motivation enough ... but it's not! One day I would love to do it ... perhaps we can have a support group or something here .. I know those don't always work either ... but I need some kind of boost!

:alien: RetroGal flower
Back to top Go down
pinkbutterfly
Mafioso
Mafioso
pinkbutterfly

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeSun Mar 16, 2008 3:18 am

A support group would be a great idea......let us know if you are interested and we can set it up..... flower
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 5:54 pm

I'm right there with you guys....I LOVE to eat...it's like my hobby...lol

I have found that the only way for me to loose weight is to exercise...which is hard to do too....but I have a better chance of walking around the block than not eating that BIG plate of pasta...lol
Back to top Go down
ebonidimplz
Family
Family
ebonidimplz

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 7:14 am

Add me to the boat.

My problem is not that I eat too much food. I eat the wrong things, but not a lot of it. Biggest problem is that I don't want to exercise. I just feel so blah all the time. Really tired, and I feel like I need a nap every day after being up for only a few hours.

I don't know what I'm going to do, but I've got to do something. :no:
Back to top Go down
$MoMMy$MoNey$
$MoMMy$MoNey$

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Count me into your "need to lose weight" group as well!
I have 2 children and I gained alot of weight with both pregnancies. They both were big babies (9 and 10 lbs) but they weren't nearly as big as I was thinking they were going to be......if they were 60 lbs babies than maybe I would have an excuse to have gained so much weight! lol

Needless to say, weight loss after pregnancy and c-sections hasn't been easy for me. I lose weight, gain it back, lose weight, gain it back..... :bounce:

Most recently, I decided maybe I needed to try exercising more (as much as I hate doing it!) So I heard about a Walk At Home Program with Leslie Sansone and I decided....I like to Work from Home maybe I will enjoy Walking At Home too, so I decided to give it a shot. I really like it and I am beginning to tone up muscles that I forgot I had! lol

A support group on here would be awesome. I think we could encourage eachother to get the results we want! :)
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeFri May 09, 2008 6:13 pm

Count me in on it. I just rode my bike about a mile or so and I'm beat. LOL
Back to top Go down
angeltimes3
Family
Family
angeltimes3

Number of posts : 2

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2008 8:19 am

I also am on the diet bandwagon, but I found if I excercise 30 or more minutes a day, I feel alot better.

I have been at this for 2 months - I use nordictrac, elliptical, treadmill, bike (you can pick these all up at garage sales like we did) or better yet on the street with a big free sign. I have so far lost 4 inches off waist, 1.5 off bust, 3 off butt and lost 8.5 pounds but i have gotten so much more toned up. I spent 13 years sitting in deskchair and now that I move more my clothes feel a heck of a lot better. I have ankles again!!!!

I also use a website called www.caloriesperhour.com that helps me track calories taken in and burned. It has a fantastic activity index (even lists showering). There is some great support there too in their forums. Good luck and hope we all are posting how much slimmer we are soon...
Back to top Go down
$MoMMy$MoNey$
$MoMMy$MoNey$

Number of posts : 460

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2008 5:42 pm

Angeltimes3,
Congrats on your recent weightloss! Very Happy
You're right, just 30 minutes of exercise a day can work wonders on the body. Thanks for the link you provided. I will check it out! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pink2KPrincessCut

Number of posts : 445
Registration date : 2008-05-05

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeSun May 18, 2008 7:35 pm

I started working out and I started taking a diet supplement called Lipo BC. It comes in the pill or a self-administered shot. I'm scared of needles so I take the pills.

Its nothing but Vitamin B and protein supplements but its supposed to really increase your weight loss.

People have given it rave reviews, so I'll see in about 6 weeks if I notice a difference.
Back to top Go down
PokerQueen
Family
Family
PokerQueen

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-05-21

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 2:44 am

Count me in as well. I like (ebonidimplz) dont eat alot of foods but i dont eat the right foods all the time.And can find myself very tired very quickly. I have three boys and with my last one i got diabetes.And had to eat right and believe it or not it made a difference.You basically have to eat healthy and eat little portions through out the day.And I found that intaking too manu carbs made me very tired. Right about now I could lose about 45-50 lbs....I need MOTIVATION! :)
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:19 pm

Hmmmm...we DO need a support group on here I think. Better nutritional habits and weight loss are themes that come up on this board over and over and over again.

What support/accountability tools would be helpful for all of you trying to change your eating habits?

I am currently on a weight loss program and have been so for a month. I am pleased with my weight loss so far but often feel like I am "going through the motions" and not sincerely committing to a lifestyle change--which is key to making long term changes in life.

So I am in on any kind of support thread you guys want to put together for this site. Just tell the mods what you think would be helpful and we will try and put something together.

:)

As an aside, I find that working at home makes it oh-so-easy to be a slug, to go to the fridge any old time, to care little to none about appearance because WAHomer's don't have a workplace to report to, etc.

So this is a significant issue in the Work at Home community. It would be great if we could do something about it.
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 12:30 pm

I think working at home definitely makes it harder to watch my weight. I can just snack anytime I want and I agree that I don't look as good as I did in the "brick and mortar" but I stick to my routine of getting ready for work every day and avoiding the "jammies" if I can.
Back to top Go down
Fairlady
Hitman
Hitman

Number of posts : 53
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 2:16 pm

I agree. Working at home does make it harder to lose weight with the refrigerator so close.
I also love to eat and cook. My main problem is portion control. I usually eat the right types of foods, such as salads and lean meats. I even compared my diet to what they offer on south beach and weight watchers and I make comparable choices. My problem is that I cant seem to help wanting seconds or I may get a huge plate full. I will be having a baby soon and will need to lose 65 pounds after the baby is born.
A support group is a good idea. We can use all the help we can get.
Back to top Go down
jeffathome
Family
Family

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-15

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 1:22 am

You can get a FREE Beach Body Membership and upgrade later if you like. They take a proactive approach to getting in shape by using there work out video such as slim in 6, P90x, Hip Hop Abs etc. This is a great program.
Back to top Go down
http://www.earncashwithinfomercials.com
Sponsored content

Losing some weight Empty
PostSubject: Re: Losing some weight   Losing some weight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Losing some weight
Page 1 of 1