Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!

Go down 
+9
pinkbutterfly
lilbirdblue
LadyCubsFan
tam2005
cyndilouwhoo
msqueenmB
Mafia Princess
$MoMMy$MoNey$
momov3
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

Number of posts : 202
Registration date : 2008-04-29

Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Empty
PostSubject: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 10:19 am

Ok. It is obvious that many of us need to lose and weight and we all need the support, I know I do, so let's really do this guys!

Let's be honest, tell eachother a brief history and our goals. We can do this. Let's see how much we can lose together!

History
I have 3 kids 11 mo, 4 yr and 6 yr and no time to excercise. I looove food. It is my crutch.

My goal is to lose 85 pounds.

Week 1
weight to lose = 2lbs

I will park farther out in every parking lot I go to.
I will wake up 10 min early and stretch.
I will do 50 (complete, hands clapping) jumping jacks every day 2x's a day. :bounce:
I will drink at least 6 glasses of water every day.
I will only eat chocolate 2 times this week.

What are your goals? Post them...let's hold each other accountable and support one another. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
$MoMMy$MoNey$
$MoMMy$MoNey$

Number of posts : 460
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeMon May 26, 2008 10:54 pm

Thanks momov3, for getting the ball rolling here! I really need to get busy!

History
I have 2 children. One is 8 and the other is 2. I gained lots and lots of weight with both pregnancies and both times I had to have c-sections. I have had a hard time losing the weight after having my 2nd child. Of course, my tummy is my biggest problem area. The c-sections damaged lots of tissue and muscle and the end result for me is a weak, unattractive blah stomach! :no:

But, I am ready to do something about the little muscle that I do have! And I would like to tone up other areas in the process!

My Goal is 25 lbs.

What I will do:
I will do 1-mile on my Walk-At-Home program - Mon. - Fri.
I will do atleast 1-mile on my Gazelle each day.
I will stretch before exercising and cool down after exercising.
I will drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day.
I will eat more fruit and veggies each day.
I will try not to eat sweets this week.
I will smile as I do all of the above! =)

Let's get motivated! :bounce:
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:50 pm

$Mommy$Money$

Great goals! I know you can do it! Just stay focused! Yes, I will try and smile this week! I like that...Don't forget to check and let us know how much you've lost! :bounce:
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:55 pm

Status Check!! Status Check!!

Week 1
weight to lose = 2lbs
weight lost= 4lbs!!

Week 2
weight to lose= 2 pounds

What I will do:
I will park farther out in every parking lot I go to.
I will walk for at least 30 minutes around my neighborhood in the morning 1st thing before kids wake up.
I will do 50 (complete, hands clapping) jumping jacks every day 2x's a day.
I will drink at least 8 glasses of water every day.
I will eat chocolate only 1 time this week! (This is going to be the hardest part!)
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 8:57 pm

My goal is way more than I can say
But I'm riding my bike every day for a little while
I will drink more water and hide the soda
Back to top Go down
$MoMMy$MoNey$
$MoMMy$MoNey$

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 2:20 am

Great, Great, Great!!! Very Happy

Momov3: Congrats on your 4 lbs. weight loss! That is double what your goal was for this week! Great Job!

Mafia Princess: Great goals too! Riding a bike is a great way to get fit and burn calories. And drinking more water is something we all probably need to do! lol

I will check back in with my 1-week results on Monday! =)
(Hopefully I will have lost and not gained anything!!!! lol)
Back to top Go down
msqueenmB
Hitman
Hitman
msqueenmB

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:21 pm

Lets see- if my tummy was a little flatter- I would have an hour glass figure. After 3 c- sections I dont see that coming back(tummy). The areas I want to tighten up is my tummy(of course), I have junk in the trunk, and thighs. After that I- Im good to go.

Last year I was doing the 5mile walk and lost about 25 lbs. I was working out 6 days a wk. I started working and was not able to work out as much as I was. started gaining it back. I hate my scale. I just take down my measurements and fews weeks later go check them. I try not to get on the scale. im 5'9 and it says 260. BUT i dont look like I weigh that much. OH yeah- I want to try green tea- have any ideas??

NOW I have started back with the 5 mile walk again. and have added the 4 fast miles to give a little mix. BOTH are by lesile S. My kids are out of school for the summer and I try to work out every other day -if not every day.
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2008 11:22 pm

I've got the dvd for that I think but never tried it. I was going to go back to Yoga Booty Ballet dvd again.
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:05 am

msqueenmB wrote:
Lets see- if my tummy was a little flatter- I would have an hour glass figure. After 3 c- sections I dont see that coming back(tummy). The areas I want to tighten up is my tummy(of course), I have junk in the trunk, and thighs. After that I- Im good to go.

Last year I was doing the 5mile walk and lost about 25 lbs. I was working out 6 days a wk. I started working and was not able to work out as much as I was. started gaining it back. I hate my scale. I just take down my measurements and fews weeks later go check them. I try not to get on the scale. im 5'9 and it says 260. BUT i dont look like I weigh that much. OH yeah- I want to try green tea- have any ideas??

NOW I have started back with the 5 mile walk again. and have added the 4 fast miles to give a little mix. BOTH are by lesile S. My kids are out of school for the summer and I try to work out every other day -if not every day.

Wow! That's awesome...your weight stats are soo somilar to mine..lol. I tried a 5k once and nearly passed out at the end! I was sick for 2 days! lol Well, if you keep it up you will lose the weight in no time!
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 5:13 am

Mafia Princess wrote:
I've got the dvd for that I think but never tried it. I was going to go back to Yoga Booty Ballet dvd again.

When I worked for L**e Op**, I took calls for Yoga Booty Ballet! I had to try so hard to keep myself from laughing! WHat a tongue twister too!

So did it work for you?
Back to top Go down
$MoMMy$MoNey$
$MoMMy$MoNey$

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 3:35 pm

1-Week Follow-up on Goals!!!

Overall Goal: My Goal is to lose 25 lbs.

Week 1: I lost 3 lbs! Very Happy

Week 2 Goals: I would like to lose 2-3 more lbs. by sticking to my exercise plan again!

What I will do:

I will do 1-mile on my Walk-At-Home program - Mon. - Fri.
I will do atleast 1-mile on my Gazelle each day.
I will stretch before exercising and cool down after exercising.
I will drink atleast 8 glasses of water a day.
I will eat more fruit and veggies each day.
I will try not to eat sweets this week.
I will smile as I do all of the above! =)

It's great to see that a few more are joining in! Keeps me motivated!!! I need all the motivating that I can get! lol

:bounce:
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 3:22 am

Yay! I am soo excited for you! 3 pounds that's awesome!
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:21 pm

OK. I start back at Weight Watchers this morning.

I have 2 kids, 13 and 12 and their births heralded the total ruination of my body. Well that and the butter and the soda. Laughing

I have 40 lbs. to lose.

Thanks for posting this. The goals have given me some good, simple ways to start increasing my exercise regimen in a sensible way.

Goals for Week 1.

No more soda.
No more butter or salt on foods
Walk 10K steps a day. (I have a pedometer I just have to go and find it.)
8 glasses of water every day!!! (This should be #1 on everyone's list actually)

You know what's sad about this whole thing? I AM A LIFETIME MEMBER OF WW!!

I not only made it to my goal weight the LAST time I did this, I maintained my weight for well over a year.

Sigh...

I will be starting up a blog on my weight loss journey. I have found that writing about my travails helps keep me honest and on track.

I'll post the link when I set it up. Any suggestions as to where a good free blogging site might be?
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 12:28 pm

Just got off the scales.. down 4 lbs and I think that is from the bike riding.

www.fitday.com is a nice blog site and you can track everything you eat and know the calories and all.
Back to top Go down
tam2005
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
tam2005

Number of posts : 159
Registration date : 2008-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:19 pm

Hey,

Thanks for that link and congrats on the 4 pounds. :)

I currently do a Cher fitness workout in the mornings.

I do have quite a bit to lose. I want to lose 10 more pounds by the time my son's wedding gets here...August 2nd.

This is an encouraging thread here. flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.onestopwebemployment.com
LadyCubsFan
Hitman
Hitman
LadyCubsFan

Number of posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 2:38 pm

Hi I am 46 and have 4 children-wish I could blame my fat self on them but it was the only time I could eat like a pig and not gain weight-the most I ever gained was 12lbs during pregnancy and all my babies were in the 8-10lb range-eeks-when I was in my early thirties I was living in a new place and didn't fit in very well so ate and ate and ate before I knew it I had 100lbs to lose-did that in about 6mos by daily running in place in my house and instead of eating a huge block of velveeta nachos I cut it back to less. No dieting-just didn't work for me but exercise was my best friend. Kept the weight off for over 10yrs and it is creeping back at an alarming rate so I do need to get my butt moving again and am interested in your thoughts on a good exercise DVD-Nothing too crazy but something that burns cals. Any input folks? I would like to lose about 40lbs and tone. I just cannot go on a formal diet-that just makes me crazy and I eat more than I would normally-even weight watchers points while I did lose weight made me feel deprived even though that certainly wasn't the case
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 4:02 pm

LadyCubsFan wrote:
...Kept the weight off for over 10yrs and it is creeping back at an alarming rate so I do need to get my butt moving again and am interested in your thoughts on a good exercise DVD-Nothing too crazy but something that burns cals. Any input folks?

Folks at WW this morning raved about "The Firm" on DVD. I can't speak to it because I am your opposite LadyCubsFan. I HATE exercise. lol.

Amazon has the DVDs (for cheaper than what you can buy if you do the infomercial thing). There's a bunch of them. Here's the link The Firm

HTH and good luck to us all! 8)
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 4:14 pm

Hey lady, I am the same...I can NOT diet...just do not have the will power. So if I am going to loose any weight I have to drink water and exercise.

Here is an idea, if you are interested...about a month ago I posted on www.freecycle.org (there is one in every town...usually) that I would like an exercise bike and what do you know someone replied and said come and get it!!! Now it is not fancy but it sure does the trick...that is if I get my fat butt on it :) So maybe you could do something like that??? Videos are hard for me because you have to have a 'block of time' (with little ones almost impossible). So I just jump on the bike for however long I can even if it is just 5 min.

Good luck to all....wish I could set some goals and STICK to them :)...I am the worst
Back to top Go down
$MoMMy$MoNey$
$MoMMy$MoNey$

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 8:17 pm

Thanks, momov3! I'm excited too! Look forward to your 2-week check-in! I'm sure you are doing great! :)

Mafia Princess: Whoo-Hoo 4 lbs! That's awesome! Riding a bike is a great option...lose weight and save on gas! :)

Welcome to the others who just joined this thread! Look forward to reading your weight-loss goals and updates too! =)

This is going to be a great way to keep me on track....thanks! =)
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:02 pm

cyndilouwhoo wrote:
OK. I start back at Weight Watchers this morning.

I have 2 kids, 13 and 12 and their births heralded the total ruination of my body. Well that and the butter and the soda. Laughing

I have 40 lbs. to lose.

Thanks for posting this. The goals have given me some good, simple ways to start increasing my exercise regimen in a sensible way.

Goals for Week 1.

No more soda.
No more butter or salt on foods
Walk 10K steps a day. (I have a pedometer I just have to go and find it.)
8 glasses of water every day!!! (This should be #1 on everyone's list actually)

You know what's sad about this whole thing? I AM A LIFETIME MEMBER OF WW!!

I not only made it to my goal weight the LAST time I did this, I maintained my weight for well over a year.

Sigh...

I will be starting up a blog on my weight loss journey. I have found that writing about my travails helps keep me honest and on track.

I'll post the link when I set it up. Any suggestions as to where a good free blogging site might be?

So happy you joined! Now I have more people to be accountable too! Great goals! By the way, you are right, drinking 8 glasses a day should be everyone's 1st goal. It is sooo important!!

You will lose fast just by taking the soda out of your diet.

I can't wait til next week when you post your 1 week results. I kow you will lose the 40 pounds in no time!
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:04 pm

Mafia Princess wrote:
Just got off the scales.. down 4 lbs and I think that is from the bike riding.

www.fitday.com is a nice blog site and you can track everything you eat and know the calories and all.

Yay Kim!! 4 pounds! that's great!! It is probably from the bike riding great way to lose weight! I wish I knew how to ride a bike. I am too scared now to try. :affraid:

I can't wait to see your results from next week!
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:08 pm

LadyCubsFan wrote:
Hi I am 46 and have 4 children-wish I could blame my fat self on them but it was the only time I could eat like a pig and not gain weight-the most I ever gained was 12lbs during pregnancy and all my babies were in the 8-10lb range-eeks-when I was in my early thirties I was living in a new place and didn't fit in very well so ate and ate and ate before I knew it I had 100lbs to lose-did that in about 6mos by daily running in place in my house and instead of eating a huge block of velveeta nachos I cut it back to less. No dieting-just didn't work for me but exercise was my best friend. Kept the weight off for over 10yrs and it is creeping back at an alarming rate so I do need to get my butt moving again and am interested in your thoughts on a good exercise DVD-Nothing too crazy but something that burns cals. Any input folks? I would like to lose about 40lbs and tone. I just cannot go on a formal diet-that just makes me crazy and I eat more than I would normally-even weight watchers points while I did lose weight made me feel deprived even though that certainly wasn't the case

I had big babies to 10lbs, 8.12 and 9lbs. Me..I gained about 65 pounds over the three births! You can lose those 40lbs. We are all here supporting you. Setr some goals for this week and try your hardest to stick to them...you will see, by being accountable (knowing that you wil post your weight loss every week) you will lose and be happy! cheers
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:11 pm

ren wrote:
Hey lady, I am the same...I can NOT diet...just do not have the will power. So if I am going to loose any weight I have to drink water and exercise.

Here is an idea, if you are interested...about a month ago I posted on www.freecycle.org (there is one in every town...usually) that I would like an exercise bike and what do you know someone replied and said come and get it!!! Now it is not fancy but it sure does the trick...that is if I get my fat butt on it :) So maybe you could do something like that??? Videos are hard for me because you have to have a 'block of time' (with little ones almost impossible). So I just jump on the bike for however long I can even if it is just 5 min.

Good luck to all....wish I could set some goals and STICK to them :)...I am the worst

C'mon Ren...just do it! Just set the goals and try to stick to it. I know it is not easy...trust me, I know. Just set some easy goals the first week. You will feel like "If I can accomlish this, then i can accomplish a little more!" That's how I felt..c'mon...did you read my first post? I do jumping jacks in my bathroom...lol...5 min on the bike is a great start! WHat else do you think you can do?
Back to top Go down
momov3
Wiseguy
Wiseguy
momov3

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:18 pm

Status Check!! Status Check!!

I had a bad week, it was hot this week and there was no way I was going to park far out in the Walmart Parking lot with my girls! I drove around for 3 minutes looking for a close spot. The funny thing is I thought about this thread and felt a bit guilty....My husband brought me home chocolate 3 times this week...I was so mad at him. I told him that he was sabotaging me! Bless his heart, he was trying to be nice...I did put them in the freezer and unfortunately ate 2 of the three bars in one day! I letthe girls split the third bar

Week 1
weight to lose = 2lbs
weight lost= 4lbs!!

Week 2
weight to lose= 2 pounds
weight lost 3 lbs!!

Week 3
weight to lose= 3 pounds

What I will do:

I will drink 8 glasses of water each day
I will park farther out in every parking lot I go to (even if its hot!).
I will walk for at least 30 minutes around my neighborhood in the morning 1st thing before kids wake up.
I will do 60 (complete, hands clapping) jumping jacks every day 2x's a day.
I will eat chocolate only 1 time this week! (This week, I will eat a small amount)Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 04, 2008 10:27 pm

Wait... you don't know how to ride a bike?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!   Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Stop Talking and Lose Weight!!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next