Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I want to maintain my weight

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
bigjenn26
Family
Family

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-06-24

I want to maintain my weight Empty
PostSubject: I want to maintain my weight   I want to maintain my weight Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:53 pm

I just want to be able to stay the size i am right now. I dont want to gain or loose, can someone tell me how often should i work out and for how long. Can i still eat some of the foods i like or should i try to cut down on it? right now i am just doing once a week for about an hour but i know that is not good.
Back to top Go down
jeffathome
Family
Family

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-09-15

PostSubject: Re: I want to maintain my weight   I want to maintain my weight Icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2008 12:16 am

You actually might have to eat more if you start working out more. You should try and work out at least 4 times a week with some strength traing and some cardio. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat so if the scale goes up a little its ok and your clothes will probably fit better. You might have to keep track for a couple weeks before you get it down.
Back to top Go down
http://www.earncashwithinfomercials.com
Audrey
Family
Family

Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: I want to maintain my weight   I want to maintain my weight Icon_minitimeSun Sep 28, 2008 2:33 am

I work out usually 6 days a week. I rotate between cardio and weights. On cardio days, sometimes I'll do a bike, sometimes a treadmill and sometimes just a long walk with a friend.

On weight days, I rotate between 3 sets per machine, free weights and 3 circuit rounds.

As for eating. One of the things I don't like about "dieting" is that it's a deprivation system. I'm not big on that. I eat what I want but with a ton of thought. It's not mindless eating.

An example, I was in a class this morning. There was yummy looking coffee cake. I knew I was going out for lunch. I did not eat the coffee cake as I wanted to enjoy my lunch, which I did.

If I want chocolate I'll eat it but I really have to want those calories.

I love nachos. We have the BEST nachos place here. No one who visits has ever seen anything like it. So:

1. I share an order with someone
2. I only eat them once every 2 or 3 months
3. I'm very light on calories for other meals on the day I know I'm eating them
4. I stop when I begin to feel full, knowing I'll get fuller as time goes on.

I do go out to eat but I make healthy choices. If I want a sandwhich I'll get one and eat only half. I get it on wheat or grain bread.

I really don't deprive myself but I make conscious choices about what I'm willing to put into my body.
Back to top Go down
http://my.tupperware.com/audreyoka
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to maintain my weight   I want to maintain my weight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I want to maintain my weight
Page 1 of 1