Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any suggestions?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:15 pm

I am wanting to buy a new sewing machine BUT do not have a ton of money. Anyone have any suggestions on a good basic sewing machine.....built to last :)

Something with a basic embroidery feature would be nice but not a must.

TIA
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 1:22 pm

I have to ask my friend. She sews all the time and would know
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 2:25 pm

Thank ya!!

I have a few projects I could do (and sell on Etsy) but need a better sewing machine....mine is about 50 years old and only does a straight stitch
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 2:39 pm

I purchased this sewing machine for my daughter for Christmas:

Brother LS-2125i

Based on the reviews I read on MANY review sites, this is a great, durable basic sewing machine that won't break the bank. :)

Take what I say with a grain of salt though. I have an allergy to sewing although both my daughters love to sew.
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 3:46 pm

Thank ya!!

I have been looking at the machines at Walmart...they seem to have the best price AND have everything i want...just didn't want to buy a dud...lol

Thanks!!!
Back to top Go down
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-04-28

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 3:54 pm

I'd go with a tried and true brand ren, like Singer. You can get a new, basic model with embroidery capabilities at walmart for a pretty good price.

I have an older Singer that has all of the bells and whistles, and it works perfectly. I found it on craigslist for 30 bucks, and I don't pay attention to the fact that it looks like it came out of the 80's. :P
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 4:11 pm

I don't think you can go wrong with a Singer. You might check thrift stores and freecycle too
Back to top Go down
Bookeesmom
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-05-08

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 7:53 pm

I have two machines, both are great. One I got at Habitat for $15 and the other I got for free from Freecycle. I love to sew too.
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 9:06 pm

I guess I could post on freecycle and see what happens. Everytime some one posts they want to unload one....it's gone quick!!!!
I haven't seen anything at the thrift stores lately...I will continue to keep my eyes peeled. It's not like I'm going out to buy one tomorrow...lol...maybe I'll get lucky :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Any suggestions? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any suggestions?   Any suggestions? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any suggestions?
Page 1 of 1