Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Carpet question, please help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
textchick
Family
Family

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2008-05-06

Carpet question, please help Empty
PostSubject: Carpet question, please help   Carpet question, please help Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 7:51 pm

My dog has had a few accidents and my carpet smells horrible, nothing works to get the smell up, I'm sure it's down to the padding. Can I simply rip up the carpet? Do I have to put something else down, it's wood under there but not nice wood, lol. Please help!
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Carpet question, please help   Carpet question, please help Icon_minitimeSat Jun 28, 2008 8:07 pm

sure i don't see why you can't rip it up...if the wood is finished (ya know. you can't get splinters_) It wouldn't bother me I would just throw down an area rug that you can take up and wash when needed.

Good luck and keep us posted :)
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: Carpet question, please help   Carpet question, please help Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:20 am

My SIL (The veterinarian) gave me a bunch of stuff after her dog passed away. One of the things is something called (I'm trying hard not to laugh here) "Wee Wee Super Strength Stain and Odor Remover" by a company called Four Paws.

It claims to remove stains and odors permanently--and it does have a money-back guarantee. So you may want to give this stuff a shot before ripping up your carpeting.

I can't tell you whether or not it works well unfortunately. I have wood floors with area rugs because I have 3 cats and a dog and accidents inevitably happen--even with animals that are scrupulous in their bathroom/personal habits.

But ren is right. If you can deal with the look of the wood floor it may be a better option in the long run.

I for one like the look of a wood floor--and refinishing a crummy wood floor can often be cheaper than putting down a good quality carpet.

BTW Amazon has the Wee Wee stuff HERE

After looking at the label I may keep it around for pretreating laundry stains as it claims it removes grass, blood, grime, etc.

HTH!
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Carpet question, please help   Carpet question, please help Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2008 1:40 am

This may not be the best for the wood but if you take one gallon of hot water and 1 cup of tide and 1 cup of ammonia it will clean and deodorize your carpet if you scrub the stain with it.
Back to top Go down
Mafia Princess
Admin
Admin
Mafia Princess

Number of posts : 6818
Registration date : 2008-03-09

PostSubject: Re: Carpet question, please help   Carpet question, please help Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:39 am

How did the carpet turn out?
Back to top Go down
almom
Hitman
Hitman

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2008-07-01

PostSubject: Re: Carpet question, please help   Carpet question, please help Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 6:42 am

I've got the same problem, only it's cat urine, which you know you can hardly get rid of! My cat is a very old cat that seems to have forgotten about his litter box most of the time or either he can't make it to it or something. The problem is, the wood floors under the floor that he happens to have done this on is plywood, so there's no way we can just take up the carpet and put a rug down and can't get new carpet right now for him to turn around and do it on it again. I may try that stuff out that Cyndi mentioned. It definitely sounds worth a try and is reasonable enough in price. I may try the Tide/ammonia first since it's a pretty big area where he's used it. It wouldn't matter to try that on that floor since it's just plywood. If it causes rot or whatever, plywood can be replaced.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Carpet question, please help   Carpet question, please help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carpet question, please help
Page 1 of 1