Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

On the go recipes for baby...ideas?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
AimeeP
Mafioso
Mafioso
AimeeP

Number of posts : 300
Registration date : 2008-05-14

On the go recipes for baby...ideas? Empty
PostSubject: On the go recipes for baby...ideas?   On the go recipes for baby...ideas? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:34 pm

I need ideas for meals on the go that won't spoil, for my 9 month old. We spend all day away from home, so I need something I can take with me to feed her an actual meal, not snack, while we are out; but it's soooo hot here that I need recipes that won't spoil after 5 mins. Veteran moms help!!

Thanks a bundle!!!
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: On the go recipes for baby...ideas?   On the go recipes for baby...ideas? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:41 pm

hmmm, that's a tough one!

Peanut Butter sandwich?

You could keep the PB in a container and then put on whole grain bread when ready to serve

Banana

Wow, i never really thought about this...I'm always home or if we go out I ALWAYS take a little mini cooler for drinks and snacks.

I'll keep thinking.....
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: On the go recipes for baby...ideas?   On the go recipes for baby...ideas? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:49 pm

I know that for "beach days" here nothing beats Peanut butter. Very Happy

I'd bring raw baby carrots, homemade applesauce (peel an apple and steam in the microwave until the fruit breaks down) peanut butter, crackers and lots of frozen bottles of water (they melt as the day progresses and do double duty keeping food cold if needed)

So sorry no recipes. My kids were pretty plain eaters. :)

PS--This of course assumes your pediatrician recommends peanuts in a child's diet before the first year. Mine saw no harm in it but not every doctor agrees.
Back to top Go down
lilbirdblue
Mafioso
Mafioso
lilbirdblue

Number of posts : 583
Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: On the go recipes for baby...ideas?   On the go recipes for baby...ideas? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 6:57 pm

Thanks for that post cyndilouwhoo...I forgot about peanuts and being under one year!!

I never listen to the docs on that stuff....we don't have a family history of allergies so I just let them have it.

I also let mine have cow's milk before one too but they were nursing and only got the cow's milk for practice in a cup.

My doc thinks I'm crazy anyway...this is just the tip of the iceburg :)

Great idea w/the apple too
Back to top Go down
AimeeP
Mafioso
Mafioso
AimeeP

PostSubject: Re: On the go recipes for baby...ideas?   On the go recipes for baby...ideas? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:03 pm

cyndilouwhoo wrote:

So sorry no recipes. My kids were pretty plain eaters. :)

PS--This of course assumes your pediatrician recommends peanuts in a child's diet before the first year. Mine saw no harm in it but not every doctor agrees.

No worries on the no recipes. I don't need anything fancy, just food 'cause I'm just basically giving her milk and cereal all day and we gotta break out of that.

As for the PB, her Ped recommended waiting after year 1, because it can cause some mayor allergies. But thanks anyways.

Just gotta put your thinking caps on, mommies. It's for a good cause. Think of it as a mission and rot your brains out thinking...:P

I soooooooooo appreciate it!!!
Back to top Go down
cyndilouwhoo
cyndilouwhoo

Number of posts : 466
Registration date : 2008-05-06

PostSubject: Re: On the go recipes for baby...ideas?   On the go recipes for baby...ideas? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 7:33 pm

Hmmmm...I used to cut up chunks of cheese for my kiddos to eat with apples and carrots and crackers. Hard cheeses are good because they are less likely to "blob out" in the heat.

If PB is an issue there's always plain bread or bread with a fruit jam.

LOL. Carrots, crackers, fruit and cheese sounds like such a great lunch I'm ready to go rummaging in the fridge!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Biblet
Goddess of the Forum
Goddess of the Forum
Biblet

Number of posts : 235
Registration date : 2008-04-28

PostSubject: Re: On the go recipes for baby...ideas?   On the go recipes for baby...ideas? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 21, 2008 9:41 pm

For a nine month old...let me think. Now you have to understand, we eat a little differently around here at the 'ol Biblet abode.

I'd bring things like, hard boiled eggs, some cold Italian pasta salad, mango cubes, jello, cucumber chips, bananas, hummus and bread cubes, weird things like that. Anything that can be picked up with little fingers and mushed around with minimal teeth. I'd be on the side of caution with the cows milk, cheese, and peanut products myself.
Back to top Go down
writermomichele
Wiseguy
Wiseguy

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: On the go recipes for baby...ideas?   On the go recipes for baby...ideas? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 4:07 am

Whenever we leave the house I grab a cooler, throw in some cold packs, and start piling the food in ... fruit, crackers, peanut butter, bread, and for cooked food chicken, veggies, etc., just whatever we have.
Back to top Go down
http://moneysavingwahm.blogspot.com
AimeeP
Mafioso
Mafioso
AimeeP

PostSubject: Re: On the go recipes for baby...ideas?   On the go recipes for baby...ideas? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2008 4:18 pm

Thanks all gals!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the go recipes for baby...ideas?   On the go recipes for baby...ideas? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On the go recipes for baby...ideas?
Page 1 of 1